So can we close the border now?

TheCorinthian

I've heard the argument from both sides regarding terrorists using the Mexican border to enter the country. The right says it's a real threat, the left says it has never happened. Looks like the Justice Department has admitted that terrorists are among us and they came across the Mexican border.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Terrorists-might-be-among-us-1309155.php#page-1

The San Antonio Express-News reports:

They could be the people on the bus seat across the aisle, or the neighbors: members of East African groups that a recently released government memorandum says are “ready to die for the cause.â€

The FBI and Homeland Security Department don’t know where they all are. And it’s unclear if they know how many arrived.

But in a rare admission, a Justice Department memo and other documents obtained by the San Antonio Express-News say federal authorities know terror suspects are in this country and know who allegedly helped bring them here through Mexico and Texas: a Somali man in custody near San Antonio.

According to the news report, the FBI has been trying to untangle a web of contacts surrounding a man named Ahmed Muhammed Dhakane, 24, who has been in custody since 2008, and is considered a “national security threat.â€

New documents “paint him as a facilitator of groups accused of funding terrorism. They also allege he smuggled potential terrorists here.†Some of the people he smuggled into the U.S. may still be roaming American streets.

Five of Dhakane’s clients are listed in the memo — Mohamded Ma’alin, Mohammed Ereg, aka “Idris,†Hassan Yare and two whose last names authorities didn’t know: Adani and Abirizak, aka “Al Qaeda.â€

Three of them are known to have entered the U.S., according to the memo.

Personally I know a whole slew of Marines that would rather be guarding the border in Mexico than anything in Iran or Iraq or Pakistan.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Border Patrol agent shoots man 3 times in Arizona

A Border Patrol agent on Monday shot a man three times as the man fled police in southeastern Arizona, authorities said.

Several agencies involved in the shooting or investigation released few details, including whether the agent was put on leave or the condition of the man who was shot.

Douglas police spotted a suspicious vehicle that quickly sped away from them toward the Mexican border, Cochise County sheriff’s spokeswoman Carol Capas said in a statement issued late Monday. Border Patrol agents were in the area when the vehicle made it to the border and “there were rocks thrown†at the agent, she said.

The agent then shot the 19-year-old driver three times, Capas said. The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, but an update was unavailable. It’s unclear whether the man who was shot threw rocks at the agent.

Border Patrol spokesman Mario Escalante confirmed that an agent shot a man Monday, but he declined to release further details, including whether the agent was on leave. He referred all other questions to the FBI, which is investigating the shooting.

FBI spokesman Manuel Johnson said the man who was shot may have been loading marijuana into a vehicle when Douglas police spotted him.

He said the man who was shot may have been trying to get across the border back into Mexico using a ladder propped up on a border barrier, but Johnson had no details confirmed.

He declined to answer any further questions, citing the ongoing investigation.

Capas and Douglas police did not return calls for comment.

Link

>The guy killed was climbing the wall to go to Mexico...

Isn't this a good thing, he is leaving the USA?

Then again, he could have been a wanted killer or druggie, but to shoot in the back, hmmmm :dunno:

Need more details, like what is the HSA protocol for this situation? could they have only wounded him? etc...

>The guy killed was climbing the wall to go to Mexico...

Isn't this a good thing, he is leaving the USA?

Then again, he could have been a wanted killer or druggie, but to shoot in the back, hmmmm :dunno:

Need more details, like what is the HSA protocol for this situation? could they have only wounded him? etc...

Some believe you can kill Mexican and nothing will happen but this guy was a US citizen!

I hope it isn't against the law yet to leave the country without getting your balls checked.

Me would guess that when he was shot the patrol did not know he was an American, so back to my question; protocol? could they have only wounded him?

Wound him?

I can't see how crossing a fence to go to Mexico is a crime let alone a capital crime.

There is so much hate at the border that I am not surprised the Border Patrol hasn't shot a few US citizens.

When you approach the border by road or on foot, you are met with agents armed with fully automatic M4s facing toward the USA.

Archived