So can we close the border now?

TheCorinthian

I've said this for some time. The ONLY way we will properly police the border is if a domestic terrorist event happened and the culprits came across the southern border. Sadly' date=' the cost of lives is what it will probably take. [/quote']

The cost of securing the borders is prohibitively expensive especially now that some illegals and drug traffickers are coming by water.

You and I know if there is a real and ongoing domestic terroism threat from south of the border we'd do it. We'd find the money and the resources.

The political will isn't there yet. That's all that's missing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure there is. Instead of patrolling a whole State, they can patrol only a 40 foot strip along the border. [color:red]Simple fifth grade mathmatics[/color].

Oh? [color:red]Show me.[/color]

What do you want me to show you? Simple fifth grade mathematics?

Obviously please prove what you said using your 5th grade math. (I like how try to change the subject.)

If you transfer the Border Patrol from patroling the State - lets say 125 miles from the border to 40 feet from the border then you have effectively increased the Border Patrol's presence on the border by 16,500 times.

(125 miles * 5280 feet/mile)/40 feet = 16,500

Simple 5th grade math!

If you transfer the Border Patrol from patroling the State - lets say 125 miles from the border to 40 feet from the border then you have effectively increased the Border Patrol's presence on the border by 16,500 times.

Simple 5th grade math!

"the State?" Which state? I thought there were several.

How many field agents?

If you transfer the Border Patrol from patroling the State - lets say 125 miles from the border to 40 feet from the border then you have effectively increased the Border Patrol's presence on the border by 16' date='500 times.

Simple 5th grade math!

[/quote']

"the State?" Which state? I thought there were several.

How many field agents?

Pick any State?

As for Field Agents, that is a sit number.

By putting them at the border, you have increased their density by 16,500!

Pick any State?

As for Field Agents' date=' [b']that is a sit number. [/b]

By putting them at the border, you have increased their density by 16,500!

huh?

If you have 1 agent for every 16,500 square miles and then increased the density to 1 agent per square mile, most people would think that was a fantastic accomplishment.

Archived