Classic Commodore 64 lives again

Flashermac

Link

JMCE is a simulator for 8 bit microprocessor (Intel 8080, Zilog Z80, Intel 8051, MOS 6502,etc) and many computer based over them as ZX Spectrum, Altair 8800 , Z80Pack,Commodore VIC20 etc. running their original ROM and operating system. All JMCE computer can be configured programmatically or using xml, for example it is possible connect the console of IMSAI 8080 to one TCP server or to one physical serial interface without writing one line of code or it is possible change the memory for the Z80Pack computer from plain to banked memory again only editing a single xml files.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody remember the early IBM mainframes? They had no monitors, etc.

Several years ago at Comdex, Las Vegas they had a museum display of computers. One of the computer pieces was an IBM 360. I told the curator some of the parts was missing and he asked me "How did you know?"

My uncle worked for IBM and he would take me to the office on Saturdays and tutor me about the 360, as it was still in development.

I had all the books for the 360 and could program it and eve do some repairs.

A few years later, at the university, they had a new 360 and my prof was amazed that I knew more of the 360 then he did!

Punch cards and more punch cards, I had tons of them. It took a lot of punch cards to do such a little job on the 360.

We mainly programmed in RPG and COBOL and FORTRAN...the good ol' days...

Archived