GMAIL Issue

Nervous God

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have the Cancel button during the send.

And I have a Google Labs add in so that give me an "Undo" button that is active

Undo Send - by Yuzo F

Oops, hit "Send" too soon? Stop messages from being sent for a few seconds after hitting the send button.

Hi NG I use Mozilla Thunderbird which sends out through Googles SMTP. You can always cancel up untill it is 100%.

The advantage is you can always go through your mails offline and your mails are all stored online as well!

Plus you have all of your accounts in one place. Having 4 email accounts (2 google and 2 none google ones this works great.

Unless Thai internet doesnt work. But in that case I can still read emails offline! I do have a 10gb plus emailfolder on my laptop now though :p

Waerth that's good advice. Thing is reading pm's post, i 555 'googled' the problem and it appears people agree with me. They WANT to be able to cancel a email while it is being sent. But the default is NOT to be able to cancel. People here, any think being able to cancel a email after hitting send should be a feature not a option?

Should be a feature. So many times when mailing in a hurry because of a deadline with castings I made mistakes which could have cost me dearly and I only noticed upon hitting send. I can then still cancel with Thunderbird .... which is great.

W

Ah but can you be sure it has been cancelled ??

Does it tell you that it has not been sent ?

Yes it does cancel it as the upload to google never happened once you cancel it. Also it doesnt appear in the gmail send folder when you check online. So it works perfectly as long as you hit cancel before it hits 100% completed.

W

Archived