Website Design Software

zeitgeist

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I agree with Coss. Most of the time when I get emails asking me if it is okay to link to me the real reason is that they want me to link to them as well. I consider those emails spam.

Feel free to link to this board if you like, and post a link to your site once you're ready for us to have a look at it :)

And finally, feel free to ask if you have an specific HTML questions.

Sanuk!

Decided to try Antenna Web Design's free trial. So far so good. Easy to use.

Quick question regarding websites...if I wanted to add a links page with relevant sites should I ask permission of the website owner/administrator?

For example if I added a link to Thai360.com should I ask KS first?

Thanks everyone for the help

Zeitgeist,

you could go a very different path to set up a website using a free Content Management System.

For example you can setup Wordpress (it's free, open source) on your domain. Yes, it is originally a blogging software, but many people just ignore the blog part of and use it as a very easy to design and use CMS.

Some advantages of Wordpress:

-After it has been set up, extremely easy to use (add pages, links, images, e.g.)

- It has thousands of free plugins

- there are hundreds or thousands of free designs (templates) available. Just install several for testing (it takes 5 seconds for each) and manipulate one of the templates after your own fashion

Generally, if your website has more than one or two pages and if you are planning to add content frequently I would strongly advice for a CMS.

If they are all yours, then only if you can see your self pursuing people through the courts for infringements. Having said that a ©2011 might be wise.

If they are not yours, you should get permission from the copyright holder.

But depending on what it is you may not need to bother.

I have a general website question not html related...

Do I need to add legal notices, disclaimers, disclosures, copyright info on my pages/images/photos?

Depends on in which country you and your ISP are located. Use google to check the local rules.

First: Your personal data.

In Germany for example every commercial website needs to show the owner's address data (even a private website with Google Ads might be seen as commercial).

Therefore check your local rules

Second: posting copyrighted material. Some companies' main business is going after small websites for infringing copyrights.

Therefore make sure that, if you use copyrighted images, rename the files and change the IPTC data and look for watermarks.

Also it is much easier to use copyrighted material (for example of girls) from a different country of origin, preferably from Asia, where copyright laws and enforcement are very weak.

To add an level of security I would chose an ISP outside your country (lawyers hate to go after people in other countries, this is very expensive and more difficult).

VERY IMPORTANT:

Chose an ISP which hides all your personal data (Name, address, email) from "Whois" searches. Otherwise every psycho on the internet can easily stalk and harass you. (See the Stickman saga).

And of course: With your address data hidden, anybody who want's to go after you officially needs a lawyer to get your name...

OR use blogging/website software like blogger or wordpress.org for to post anonymously.

Chose an ISP to hide my personal info at the start. I've added a brief disclaimer/legal notice and copyright symbol ©2011 as all info and pics are mine. Will put a watermark on pics as well.

I'd like to change the small image on the tab at the top (eg. on here it shows FBB image), anyone know how?

Again, thanks everybody for the info/help.

Archived