Good seafood

korsow

"I guess it is best to head down to Hua Hin or Pattaya if you really are interested in inexpensive seafood."

Yes, excellent and cheap seafood in Hua Hin. The regular night market is excellent, as are some of the big seafood restaurants by the beach.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lg is not confused. there is a silom village (beside the tourist trap on silom) between suk soi 23 and 31 (not 39!!! as there is one way after 31 and you have to go back to sukhumvit to approach 33 or 39). it has a nice garden, food and prices are decent

isn't that yok yor marina you are talking about (the more expensive yok yor with the huge open air terasse is next to it)? i have been a couple of times there and i liked it very much. there is the cruise leaving at 8 pm, the open air restaurant with life music and inside they have some more modern music.

Yes, Samak, that's the place. I believe there are several along the river. My wife's family likes them, and I don't find them too expensive. Worth checking out even if you stay onshore and don't take the boat ride.

How about outdoor seafood plazas in the Ratchadpisek area? They look good from the street. Lots of fresh stuff, impressive decorations and lots of Thai customers. Seems like I saw a report or two in this section, last November, or something.

lg is not confused. there is a silom village (beside the tourist trap on silom) between suk soi 23 and 31 (not 39!!! as there is one way after 31 and you have to go back to sukhumvit to approach 33 or 39).

So you're saying I am not confused but I am confused!?! Whatever, you are completely incorrect on the 2nd point!!

Travelling from Soi 23, when you reach soi 31, turn left at the hotel, rather than right towards Sukhumvit and continue to the end of the Soi. The road bears right and then winds down towards Petchburi until it merges with Soi 39 next to the Fuji supermarket. There is no other junction with Petchburi between Asoke (21) and Soi 39.

LG

One of the cheapest I've been to is the seafood at Dragon seafood. Just over the bridge past world trade centre. The Pratunam markets are across the road and Pantip Plaza is just a short walk down the road. I took 2 girls and the total bill was 1600bht including 3 Take away meals.

Good cheap seafood

chock dee

Archived