Taxi From Suvarnabhumi Downtown

limbo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It worked out very fine, found it easily and the system worked, payed around 250,-THB incl the 50,-THB surcharge from the airport to S31.

Going back to the airport the next day for a domestic flight, it seems more difficult now to get a taxi there when you have a lot of luggage, there are now dedicated drop off areas for passengers manned by security.

Limbo , did you get a good room rate for S31 ? I usually stay at S15 but have wanted to try S31

• 2 weeks later...

If you reach Swampypoom and walk long enough, you will reach the taxi departure area at Don Muang. :cover:

Flash ,

we should not stop discussing this matter again after a couple of thousand peaceful people already went mad over the best solution taking a cab downdown . I will therefore limit my efforts to a one-off statement today after I have sworn a year ago never to touch this matter again .

Final life statement of boardmember bubi about taking taxis from the airport :

- Taking a cab from the regular taxi area means sometimes waiting time , useless walking to a cab that is sometimes far away or waiting for a driver who does not come . Plus they fill out a form which you have to pay 50 baht for .

- Walking upstairs to the departure area means some walking is involved , on the road you meet 20 cabs with already openes boot who mostly accept meter and leave straight away .

End of final life statement .

Unfortunately, from what I've been told recently, you probably can no longer take a taxi by picking one up in the departure lounge. I can't verified the change myself, since I haven't been through Swampypoom for several years - though I did slip upstairs for a cab in the past. Be a shame to waste that long walk and then be told you couldn't do it. We need some updated information on this. :hmmm:

Unfortunately, from what I've been told recently, you probably can no longer take a taxi by picking one up in the departure lounge. I can't verified the change myself, since I haven't been through Swampypoom for several years - though I did slip upstairs for a cab in the past. Be a shame to waste that long walk and then be told you couldn't do it. We need some updated information on this. :hmmm:

3 weeks ago it did still work

( this is not part of any life statement )

Archived