Taxi From Suvarnabhumi Downtown

limbo

For years upon arriving at Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi I've automatically went upstairs to arrivals and took a taxi there.

It seems security is trying to clamp down there.

What's the scoop with getting a ticket inside arrivals, how does it work and does it work efficiently, without having to wait too long, where is it and how much does it cost (same as a metered taxi)?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx KS, if anyone can tell me whre it is located, I might try it Thursday evening. Guess it won't be rocket science, any specific sign to look for?

Just walk straight out of arrivals and there they are if I remember correctly. Otherwise it would be one floor down.

W

"Best" spelled by Nervous Dog!

Saw some guy doing the "get the outbound taxi" - jumped in even though the taxi guy was waving him off. Taxi got no more than 50 meters down the ramp before a security guy flagged the taxi over and stopped him and removed him from the taxi - didn't stick around to see what happened after that.

Taxis go in with people - and go out without riders - not too difficult to stop the practice and now with all the security and blockages - it finally seems that they are serious about it too.

Archived