any suggestions for fun restaurants ???

donaldenta

I was told by a number of Thais that they just did not like the Mongolian BBQ format, i.e.. you select your meats, vegetables, oils, etc. place them in a bowl and then give them to the cook to put on the big wok thing.

One birthday my staff asked me where I wanted to go to celebrate. I said the Mongolian BBQ on Langsuan. So, all 35 of us went there. I had a great time, but it was clear my Thai staff did not enjoy it at all. Afterwards, I asked and none of my employees liked the food or format. Making matters worse was that one place was really outside in a large tent. Not much fun in August!

I really enjoyed the Mongolian BBQ in Margarita Station in Angeles City when I was there during Songkran. But, I have been unable to find any here in Bangkok - strange as you would think there would be at least one.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the Mongolian BBQ in Margarita Station in Angeles City when I was there during Songkran. But, I have been unable to find any here in Bangkok - strange as you would think there would be at least one.

Only one listed in Bangkok Metro - in the River City complex.

http://www.bkkmetro.com/venues/ve_detail_frame.php?venid=343&ven_section=19&ven_category=28&ven_subcategory=

LG

My wife and I both like a weekend night out at Villa, which is a short taxi ride (and north) of my location at New Petchburi Road and Ekkamai. The food is quite good; and, there is always a variety of entertainment. You should arrive before

8pm as this is a family style place (but still great for couples

or larger parties) and it tends to get pretty crowded.

Went to the Seafood Market on Soi 24 last night. Not much has changed since my last visit.

Went with 7 others at 6:30pm. The place was not crowded, but by 8:30 when we left, it was packed.

Still fun going around with that shopping cart choosing your seafood and vegetables. The bottle of Australian wine we had was good, but overpriced. We ended up with far too much food as usual and waddled out of the place. I think the taxi's shock absorbers got a real workout.

The bill, including wine, was about 7,000 baht. A real feast and lots of fun.

If it swims, they do have it! smile.gif

If it swims, they have it ??????

empty milkbags and bottles, used condoms, old car tyres....

mmhhhhhh, tasty crazy.gif.

Really sorry, couldnt resist wink.gif

mupfel - bueha mahk mahk leu and still 4 month to wait......

Upss, my big mouth always get my in trouble shocked.gif,

floating - swimming, now I start to understand why people who see me "swimming" always yelling something about a dead whale floating in the water.......but wouldnt a restaurant who claims "If it floats we have it " be even much more fun ? crazy.gif , excuse me now i have to learn my dictonary inside out.

mupfel

is it a whale? is it a submarine? no its mupfel !

Smitty, you cannot miss it even if your name is Mister Magoo. smile.gif

You turn down Sukhumvit Soi 24 just past the Emporium Mall. It is about one mile down the road on the left side.

As you approach, you will spot a very large red neon sign reading SEAFOOD MARKET. It may have a lobster, shrimp or other sea creature on it - I forget. But, you really cannot miss it. I heard the place now has seating for at least 1,500 people.

Even your taxi driver should know the place and I advise taking a taxi as the walk from the BTS is a bit much.

Remember, IF IT SWIMS, THEY HAVE IT!!!

Archived