any suggestions for fun restaurants ???

donaldenta

1. Old Hippie, so you recommend the Baioyke Hotel buffet?

I've been trying to figure out how to get some great pictures (and a nice view of the whole area) from a skyscraper while in BKK and this may be it.

2. Is this place on Sukhumvit (walking distance?) or would I be catching a cab?

3. Is the buffet a lunch or dinner affair?

4. Would this be an okay place to take (or go with) a BG?

5. Is the food Thai or is it a mix?

This sounds great!

Others who have been there please comment!

thaistudent

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humble Stud: You cannot miss the Baiyoke 2, it's the 16th tallest building in the world (according to my almanac). It's on that street, the name of which always escapes me, but north from the World Trade Center along that same street. I know air-con bus #13 will pass it, that runs beween Sukhumvit and Victory Monument and up Pahonyothin, but it's set off the street some, and when your right by it, you can't see it well, because of the other shops you're right in front of; a cab is best for the first time.

We were there for dinner, but I think they do lunch, also. A good Thai buffet, maybe a little Western thrown in. Yes, take a BG; I remember we were there on a Valentine's Day, and there was a guy who had a gorgeous-looking, extremily sexily dressed young lady with him, had the BG look; saw him give her her VD present, a watch, and judging from her, um, affectionate response right then, I think he must still have very fond memories of the night that followed. smile.gif

I think reservations might be best, and I'll see if I can find their card at home tonight; if so, I'll get back to you and give you the telephone number.

I was last there in Novemebr. The buffet was 400bht or so, yes, take a BG or two! The food was a mix of Asian (all sorts represented) and western, with roast beef, and mashed potatos, worth skipping in my opinion. Also some paste skip again. But all in all, it was great! We ordered tea and coffe, which weren't included, and the waiter chased after us as we left and went down stairs. No big deal. I really good view! Maybe worth a camcorder!! Keep in mind, a ride to the top is normally 100bht or so, so 400bht for dinner and the view is well worth is!

Humble Stud:

Bangkok Observation & Restaurant

Baiyoke Sky Hotel

76th-78th Floor

222 Ratchaprarop Road

Ratchathewi

Bangkok 10400

Thailand

Tel: 02-656-3500, 656-3000, 656-3598

Reservations recommended.

Just tell the cab driver "Baiyoke 2" or in that, "Baiyoke sawng." It's north of Petchburi Road.

Archived