Ipad, Should I?

Coss

Hi,

No, you don't. If you double the screen resolution, 4 pixels would be used to display 1 pixel before *however* those 4 pixels take up the exact same amount of space on the screen. As a result the image looks the same.

Only if you start adding anti-aliasing does the quality increase. Don't think this is done for movies though.

Sanuk!

I'm not sure, but I think there's a fair amount of interpolating (or the reverse) done now in the various movie compression standards.

But any way

I've decided not to get one, I spent several hours in a gathering where a 6 year old was being amused by one. And they are perfect to keep a six year old amused for hours. I couldn't see how I would use it except as a giant iPhone, which I already have.

Thought enquiring minds would like to know.

Yes, if I get a "2", I'l get instant buyers remorse 'cause they'll release the "3" the next day.. :)

Mind you it would make a fine and dandy present for MyLaoGirl...

Well, the longer you leave it the closer it will be till the Ipad 3 comes out :beer:

I bought an Ipad 2 for the missus, she still reverts to her Iphone 4 nine times out of ten. Just get her an Iphone, but then you have the same problem, when will the Iphone 5 come out :beer:

I went down to the local 'lectronic store and checked out all the other tablets as well as the iPad. If I didn't have any computing device, I could easily see why a tablet would be good.

I also looked at the Macbook Airs, lovely machines.

But with my MacBook Pro and iPhone 4, I really am set up. to get a tablet or Air is too much convergence.

So I'm buying nothing, take that Apple! Even if the local DSE has 10% off today!

Coss

I went down to the local 'lectronic store and checked out all the other tablets as well as the iPad. If I didn't have any computing device, I could easily see why a tablet would be good.

I also looked at the Macbook Airs, lovely machines.

But with my MacBook Pro and iPhone 4, I really am set up. to get a tablet or Air is too much convergence.

So I'm buying nothing, take that Apple! Even if the local DSE has 10% off today!

Coss

Amazon is preparing a tablet PC, probably for early next year. It should be much cheaper than the iPad.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/239235/report_amazon_10inch_tablet_production_starts_early_next_year.html

Archived