Pool Halls In Bkk

zeitgeist

Anyone know of any good pool halls in BKK. Not competitive places, my missus's loves to play pool but only against me so the winner-stay-on/challenge places aren't really for us. Used to play in CountryRoad2(?) which was above Foodland on soi5, had 10+ pool tables so we could find a table and just play. Now they've moved across the road only 3 tables, little room around them and people want to challenge all the time.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Z

Anyone know of any good pool halls in BKK. Not competitive places, my missus's loves to play pool but only against me so the winner-stay-on/challenge places aren't really for us. Used to play in CountryRoad2(?) which was above Foodland on soi5, had 10+ pool tables so we could find a table and just play. Now they've moved across the road only 3 tables, little room around them and people want to challenge all the time.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Z

Hi

Try some the bars along the Nana and also there is pool table in NP at the Vodoo go-go, both of you can play as you hardly find any punters interested at NP for a game. I played many times with the BGs there.....also there some slot machines were you will find the BG gambling.......

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

It's probably a cliche', but there's always Gullivers on Suk Soi 5.

Late afternoon/early evening, the three front tables in the bar area tend to host a variety of FLs who, to my relatively inexperienced eyes, would be world-class competition players anywhere but Bangkok. (I'm serious. Those girls are SCARY GOOD.) I've spent a few early evenings watching them while eating casual dinner.

It's probably a cliche', but there's always Gullivers on Suk Soi 5.

Late afternoon/early evening, the three front tables in the bar area tend to host a variety of FLs who, to my relatively inexperienced eyes, would be world-class competition players anywhere but Bangkok. (I'm serious. Those girls are SCARY GOOD.) I've spent a few early evenings watching them while eating casual dinner.

have to agree.

many bars have tables where you can have a quiet game with your lady and not be disturbed by the hustlers.

but if you want to play the BG's then be careful,many will celebrate after thrashing you.

If you want a guaranteed free table that you can book by the hour, try the Red Parrot pool hall. It is located in the building along Surawong Road, in-between Patpong 1 and Patpong 2 - third floor. There are easy to see signs outside at ground level, on Patpong 2.

The place has 35 tables - all of them full-size (9 foot), and in pristine shape. Top-quality cues, brand new balls - first class everything. The place is HUGE - and everything is first rate. Individual games cost 30 baht. I think it's 240 baht per hour to rent a table.

Cheers!

SS

• 1 year later...

If you want a guaranteed free table that you can book by the hour, try the Red Parrot pool hall. It is located in the building along Surawong Road, in-between Patpong 1 and Patpong 2 - third floor. There are easy to see signs outside at ground level, on Patpong 2.

The place has 35 tables - all of them full-size (9 foot), and in pristine shape. Top-quality cues, brand new balls - first class everything. The place is HUGE - and everything is first rate. Individual games cost 30 baht. I think it's 240 baht per hour to rent a table.

Cheers!

SS

Was in there about a year ago - great, cute friendly helpful girls to assist, felt clean and new-ish (at least, not too old...). Went again last night, and time has taken a toll - virtually none of the air conditioners were working, the concrete floor has lost it's attraction, entrance is into a room full of covered tables not in use... but still, a cute and helpful girl on hand, I'll give them that! Not what it used to be, and I can't imagine it lasting much longer in current state...

Hustlers, in the basement of Times Square building, south side of Suk across from Robinson's, near Asoke BTS, is VERY nice. Full-size free tables by the hour, very good people running and staffing it. My only complaint is that you have to go down (and back up!) a flight of stairs to get there. (With bad arthritis in one ankle, to the point that I use a cane to walk, stairs aren't fun.)

Players, also south side of Suk, just west of Asoke intersection, looks nice. Ground level.

Tables at Soi7 are crap. Strikers is always empty so that's an option....lol. Bar4 has good tables and also the bar above Thermae....bigger tables but always easy to find an unchallenged table.

Archived