Woodstock 27 Years

waerth

You are really old if you can remember when Woodstock was a gogo bar! :beer:

Cheers Flash, I am not that old but I do remember when it was a GoGo.

Back in those days Kim F was tied up in it with Peter at Woodstock before he moved on and opened Jool's and it was around that time Woodstock changed to the place most BM's knew it as.

W

I don't recall board meetings ever being held at Woodstock Thong Lor, I am sure they had moved to Gullie's Suk Soi 5 well before Woodstock relocated from NEP.

Hi,

I think he meant meetings being held at Woodstock, not specifically the Thonglor one. As obviously we had already moved our meetings when Woodstock did.

Sanuk!

Remember many a NP.com meeting at the old Woodstock in Nana 2nd floor. Good times there. Was a place to hang and drink a beer and eat one of their burgers (before they had a Mickey D's anywhere around). Loved the blackened bleu-cheese cheese burgers. Remember the place fondly. I used to stay nearby in the, then new, Majestic Hotel. Had many a lunch watching football/sports there and playing pool, joking around with the staff, and meeting friends there using it as a meeting point to hook up before going out and about the area. Doesn't seem that long ago really. :-)

Congrats for their longevity and anniversary. Have to stop by some time and check out the new place. Never have stopped in since they moved location.

I used to take newbies to Woodstock for dinner and then a tour of NEP. Sigh ... those were good days. I liked to take them into Casanova and see how long it took them to catch on. Back then there were some dancers at Casanova who could fool you. Last few times I've passed by without going in, the "Amazons" couldn't fool Stevie Wonder. :p

As I recall, the board boozers were moved to Gullible's because some of the guys felt uncomfortable bringing their wives into NEP. Gullible's has plenty of freelancers, but they are so right-in-your-face as Nana is.

Archived