Woodstock ripoff *DELETED*

I've noticed the high turnover in waitresses the past couple of years myself, and wondered why.

I heard the reason is the policy on tips. Before the waitress kept her tips, but now the tips are placed in a common jar and divided among ALL the staff. That is a pretty drastic cut in pay for the waitresses.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter,

Don't often join the threads here but feel it necessary to comment. I was in your establishment some time ago after hearing about the great hamburgers. In all honesty, the burger was the worst I have ever eaten. Most of it was left on the plate uneaten. The staff was surly, being only interested in talking to each other and ignoring the customers. When it came time to clear the check bin guess what happened? I too had been overcharged. When it was mentioned the waitress was defensive. Not being in the mood to argue, the bill was paid and I departed. As is my policy, I will not return. There are too many other restaurants in LOS that appreciate the business to put up with this BS.

As stated above, why should this be our responsibility to ride herd over your establishment. You are obviously aware of the ongoing problem and need to decide your plan of action.

My appologies to the board members for this rant but this has been on my mind for some time and needed to be vented.

Later...

Diago

Ok, you guys are really starting to piss me off now! wink.gif

I've been planning my return trip to LOS now for several months, and one of my plans was to meet some of you people at Woodstock that Friday night (Hopefully by 9pm).... and now you people want to change everything!

I'm not bitching about changing the venue, it's just that you guys have the worst timing! At any rate, I hope this mess you people have started gets fixed before I get there! smile.gif

-=/NN

Don't be upset Mr. Ninja - shit, the last thing we need is an angry martial arts type throwing those stars and such around. smile.gif

Just do as many like Khun Sanuk, James Bond, and Crazy Man did last night.

Meet up at Woodstock early at say 7pm, then, when you have had your fill of food and conversation there, head on over to Warbler's - a five-minute walk from Woodstock.

We had over 25 folks in Warbler's last night. Some had the buffet, some just drinks and conversation.

Everyone seemed to have a great time. I know I did and it was fun seeing a bunch of good guys from the Sanuk Board, ASFO, nanapong, and a private Bangkok list. It doesn't matter which board you post/lurk on, you are welcome at Warbler's for the food, or just drink and conversation.

Any time will do, but we usually head back to NEP to hit the bars between 9 and 9:30pm.

So, please no nunchuks (sp?) on us Neon Ninja laugh.gif and I hope to see you at Warbler's soon.

Well, after Friday night I'm having some reservations about my recommendation of the Warbler. I had always thought of it as a nice family kind of establishment but I will think twice about taking my impressionable young children there again! They were deeply disturbed by something they witnessed and after the crowd left they spent most of the evening giggling and asking awkward questions about 'that little man playing with his willy'! Mr Sarisin, you have got some serious explaining to do!!

To add to the previous praise for Mr Santos, one of my brood sneaked in an order for a pepper steak when I wasn't looking, which cost more than me and the missus' 2 buffets combined! When it came to checkbin time, Santos instructed the waitress that children should get a 50% discount, having already supplied their cokes free! Totally unnecessary and unprompted, but the kind of gesture where a few baht sacrificed today will lead to much more baht in the future.

I know Peter has been in the game a long time but he still seems to have a lot to learn about customer relations. Still waiting for his explanation too, I notice.

LG

I know I did and it was fun seeing a bunch of good guys from the Sanuk Board, ASFO, nanapong, and a private Bangkok list

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I am in all of those categories!!

I thought I heard that the owner of woodstock wanted to retire and it was, in the recent past, up for sale. was this not the case or did nobody make the right offer? I imagine running a bar for so long would make most people a bit less concerned than they should be when it comes to staff training and customer relations.

About the food, I usually eat thai and have found the woodstock grub good, and I have never been overcharged or shortchanged. Last time I ate in warbler the food I ordered was almost uneatable and the waitress never came back with the change.

Warbler is better for large groups though, and Santos is unquestionably a fine host. But it does not have to be either or, there are still numerous beergardens . Even the Thermae could be a first port of call for a change instead of the last, the food is good, plenty of space and they have TV and jukebox. -peter

I have managed several bars in the states and cannot begin to understand why the owner didn't can EVERYBODY when he suspected stealing. Is there some kind of a law against it? I have had to restaff up to ten people overnight once. Stealing at work, unless it's me, cannot be tolerated.

I have been to the 'stock and thought the burgers were delectible...

What is the name of the restaurant that is located just outside and to the left when facing the the NEP, tom something?

Tom's Quick.

Sorry to say I have had several friends acquire a treat called food poisoning there.

Maybe the 'quick' in the name refers to how fast you will need a toilet after eating there. smile.gif

To everyone else: Please be advised I am not that 'little man' Long Gun is referring to. However, I did take that character out to the bars several nights last week and he was a real favorite of the bargirls.

LG, isn't it time you had a discussion with those lads about the birds and the bees and wanking, etc.?? laugh.gif

[color:red]BTW Does Peter's total lack of response since he first posted give us a clearer picture of how much of a fuck he really gives? color=red>

Maybe Crazy Man can make another sudden appearance here to explain the delay.

Sorry I missed the vittles at Warbler's last night. Should be there next week though. And, yes, I will bring the little man for your munchkins' enjoyment.

Archived