Just Deleted My Facebook Account

gobbledonk

Guest lazyphil

I didnt have anything particularly incriminating on it - definitely nothing that a future employer would find objectionable - but I always resented the fact that a former employer had insisted that we all have FB accounts to raise our 'profile'. I know there are ongoing issues with the 'deletion' process, mainly around the fact that Facebook wont actually delete my info/photos, and most of you will know about the Wayback Machine and similar services, but it still feels good.

I know it sounds paranoid, but I often think back to the days pre-Internet when the only people who had even heard of me were people who had a reason to do so - it all seems so long ago.

i use f/b, i'm tight on my privacy/who i share info with. its all a bit inane but i like it but prefer here for some understaning to my mental condition/s

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our nanny state Federal government is running about a thousand TV ads atm - dont smoke/drink/gamble/fart etc - and the latest features a cocky Gen Y at an interview, nodding as his would-be employer rattles off highlights from his impressive resume. Interviewer then turns to a screen and starts droning on about how Mr Gen Y also seems to enjoy getting hammered and taking photos of his friends without any trousers on. Clearly, whoever put this gem together has absolutely no clue as to how little impact an ad like will have - baby boomer anxiety transposed to an entirely different generation.

Our nanny state Federal government is running about a thousand TV ads atm - dont smoke/drink/gamble/fart etc - and the latest features a cocky Gen Y at an interview, nodding as his would-be employer rattles off highlights from his impressive resume. Interviewer then turns to a screen and starts droning on about how Mr Gen Y also seems to enjoy getting hammered and taking photos of his friends without any trousers on. Clearly, whoever put this gem together has absolutely no clue as to how little impact an ad like will have - baby boomer anxiety transposed to an entirely different generation.

but sometimes there are idiots out there.

a friend of mine who worked as security took a photo of a regular drunk who was passed out on the floor.

he posted it on FB and it was soon seen by others and he was sacked for what he did.

the stupid thing was that he was told to remove the photo and he refused........... :confused::dunno::doah::hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Where did all of these "Friends" come from?

I opened a Facebook account with an obscure email address, fake name, and a picture of my dog.

Now how in God's name - every time I log into Facebook - do all of these "Friends" come from?

Where did all of these "Friends" come from?

I opened a Facebook account with an obscure email address, fake name, and a picture of my dog.

Now how in God's name - every time I log into Facebook - do all of these "Friends" come from?

Those are all dog lovers, selected by Facebook to become your best friends. surprised.gif

Those are all dog lovers, selected by Facebook to become your best friends. surprised.gif

A good guess.

But these "new" friends state all sorts of things. From my high school. From college. From work. I listed none of that on Facebok.

Is there any way to stop these unknown "friends" from showing up every time I log in?

My dog did not go to high school. My dog did not go to college. My dog (unfortunately) never held a job.

A good guess.

But these "new" friends state all sorts of things. From my high school. From college. From work. I listed none of that on Facebok.

Is there any way to stop these unknown "friends" from showing up every time I log in?

My dog did not go to high school. My dog did not go to college. My dog (unfortunately) never held a job.

so i guess your dog is uneducated and a drain on your resourses.

sounds like the average American teenager............ :stirthepo:cover:

so i guess your dog is uneducated and a drain on your resourses.

sounds like the average American teenager............ :stirthepo:cover:

while i think about it.

when i log on to facebook i'm asked if i want to be friends with MYSELF.

of course i said yes for a laugh and find it funny to to see MYSELF as a friend.

• 3 weeks later...

while i think about it.

when i log on to facebook i'm asked if i want to be friends with MYSELF.

of course i said yes for a laugh and find it funny to to see MYSELF as a friend.

One more then I got.

I can't even count the dog. Let her off the leash and she runs away.

Archived