Laos Dangerous For Aussies

The_Munchmaster

I'm not surprised if it's them backpackers.

The amount of pseudo backpackers I see with unjuries (note the Aussie pronunciation) here is huge.

When I was in Vang Vieng only half the backpackers I saw could walk properly, they get so smashed ( and it's not just weed or opium like the old days ) that when they jump into rivers full of rocks they are fucked. Add to that the questionable substances they ingest and I'm surprised the death toll isn't higher...

It's a dangerous age, in Australia they jump off of cliffs and piers into shallow water, train surf, drag race on public roads, have unprotected sex.....

I suppose if they happen to die doing it in a place hardly anyone has heard of it's a bit more newsworthy.

This is from the wikipedia "wikitravel" entry on Vang Vieng.

"quote lifted from the site edited out"

link

Edit: removed the quote (was a couple paragraphs), you can look at the link. Came across it googling, pretty slanderous stuff naming hotels and implicating police. Thought twice about leaving it up here. Not a problem for me, but -- yeah. Anyway, kinda humorous in a dark way and obviously put down by someone with a little anger - but if I was Laos police would not be happy reading the material.

Edit 2: Damn I'm ignorant. Evidently I wasn't editing the quote (this turned out to be a new post and can't edit that one now). I'll leave it up to KS.

Archived