Stick, Its Time To Move On .....

gobbledonk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right - if KS responded to every thread in Nightlife/Trip Reports with a moralistic tirade about 'evil mongers' and 'desperate whores', you'd find that perfectly understandable ?? I agree that a column like that will generate traffic, and I'm sure he is having a good laugh from some of the emails it would have generated, but he seems to have very little interest in his main source of income, either in terms of content or website design.

Sure, I took the bait - doesnt mean every column is a fishing expedition.

Sure Stickman wants to get away from the " nightlife " aspect.....the authorities in Patts claim they want to do the same.Cant see it happening in either case.That is their unique selling point - take that away and what have you got.....very little :cheerleader::stirthepo

Right - if KS responded to every thread in Nightlife/Trip Reports with a moralistic tirade about 'evil mongers' and 'desperate whores', you'd find that perfectly understandable ?? I agree that a column like that will generate traffic, and I'm sure he is having a good laugh from some of the emails it would have generated, but he seems to have very little interest in his main source of income, either in terms of content or website design.

Sure, I took the bait - doesnt mean every column is a fishing expedition.

Stick, however intelligent, is ill educated (or not educated at all, no Uni). That shows. He has never understood the essence of the very subject he makes his money off.

He is not that bad, CNN understands even less of what they report about.

Replacing his job as a clerk at perhaps NZ Post with what he is now, could have been a good alternative for him.

Would he be invited on a panel to discuss Thai-any country issues, as an expert on Thai?

No.

Has he wasted his life? Just one thing, what pension?

But he can speak an irrelevant language. Take it to the bank.

ouch, ttm - despite my little tirade, I'm not looking to attack the man, simply his Cyclopean POV. I know he is a personal friend of a couple of the long-timers on this board, one in particular, and I have no interest in trying to rekindle the whole Galt madness. If he is deliberately being provocative purely to get more hits, so be it, but I dont see how anyone could post the same negative views on Farang P4P in Thailand week after week without believing at least some of it.

(Mekong, its pretty clear that I have no life, hence my apparent obsessions with the rantings from sites like Stickman Weekly and Ajarn. Come 2014 and it will all be different - I plan to be way too drunk to type).

Has he wasted his life? Just one thing, what pension?

Do they still have the pension? Serious question - I don't know.

And if they do - will they still have it in 10-15 years?

And are you excluded from getting pension just because you have been overseas and "out of the system" for a number of years?

Jeez I better sell some more beers so I ain't broke in retirement.

Cheers,

Mark

Do they still have the pension? Serious question - I don't know.

And if they do - will they still have it in 10-15 years?

And are you excluded from getting pension just because you have been overseas and "out of the system" for a number of years?

Jeez I better sell some more beers so I ain't broke in retirement.

Cheers,

Mark

Where? In Japan, Oz has a treaty with Japan, my time in Japan (working and paying taxes) is considered as if I were in Oz.

If I ever have to fall on the Oz age pension, I have it.

Stick does not have that. He is on his own.

If he is deliberately being provocative purely to get more hits, so be it,

Of course he is, and discussions of what a "hypocrite" he is abound, creating more hits - the guy's a genius (assuming it works, and from what I hear he's "able" to "retire" from teaching due to the website). Good on him.

As for the new regulations - 1st of April, a quick google brings up nothing. Good one.

Cant he just go back to NZ and fall into their welfare net, if it comes to that ? Dont know how their system works, but lifetime dole recipients here seem to go straight from Newstart to either a disability or aged pension, regardless of how many drugs they've done courtesy of the taxpayer. If anything, surely his prolonged absence has saved the Kiwi taxpayer further grief - not saying he would have been unemployed, but there is a cost associated with every resident, be it high (Sweden) or ridiculously low (Cambo).

Archived