Stick, Its Time To Move On .....

gobbledonk

Same reason expats do not let the BGs or freelancers know where they work. Last thing you want is one of them showing up at the "wrong time". A colleague had a working girl come to the university looking for him, saying she missed him. His status with the Thais took a sharp nose dive. If the department head hadn't been fairly tolerant, it probably would have been the end of his job too. (Remember that most departments in Thai universities are headed by fairly hi-so women.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually, its alcohol. Once or twice, I have left my phone on the table to go to the loo and come back to find a girl calling her phone from mine then storing the number. I only ever buy throwaway phones, so it has never worried me, but it rebounded when Ms CP gave my last phone to Papa and he was getting calls from girls on Cowboy wanting to know if 'Airport' was there. As you can imagine, they would have been equally startled to hear an elderly Thai man on the other end of the phone.

Same reason expats do not let the BGs or freelancers know where they work. Last thing you want is one of them showing up at the "wrong time". A colleague had a working girl come to the university looking for him, saying she missed him. His status with the Thais took a sharp nose dive. If the department head hadn't been fairly tolerant, it probably would have been the end of his job too. (Remember that most departments in Thai universities are headed by fairly hi-so women.)

Some years ago people owed money would send a pregnant woman into a guys office to beg to speak with him when they knew he was not there. Would never say anything or make any accusation...just start crying and beg to speak with him at the office on Silom when the people he owed money to could see he was sitting at a table at the RBSC.

Archived