Stick, Its Time To Move On .....

gobbledonk

Gobble I really enjoyed reading your OP. You made some great points - and your prose has improved so much - why don't you apply for Trink's old job?

I feel sorry for Stick - he may actually have some morals, and it's interesting to see him play these out over his weekly blog. The column is barely literate, I always feel a pang of concern when skimming it that he has ever taught anybody English - it is unfortunate. To me he represents a worthwhile experiment of what the torsion of writing a prostitution blog every week might do to a normal young man. He clearly wants to give it away - but you know he won't - rather sad really. Stick if you're reading this - just give it away, anything is better than this - but don't stop. The blog has become quite as twisted as the author which is only natural, the racist rants, the photo's of the hobos - and his obsession with them, the love hate acknowledgement of his readership, the fear, uncertainty and doubt - he feels chained to the blog (christ is there anything the column won't stoop to?). I think this guy could be in a weird way a genius. He's made his life an aesthetic and moral exercise in what you shouldn't do with your life.

I hope he doesn't move on - watching him twist and morph under the strain of his own puny convictions and principles seem purely machinations for my own edification - and if you see it in that light my dear Gobble - perhaps even yours. LOL - I'm enjoying this.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stick if you're reading this - just give it away, anything is better than this - but don't stop.

Huh?

I think you are being a bit hard on the guy mate. He has always said something along the lines of "it is just his view" and I don't see the twisted perversion you are referring to myself. For example - you never used to see down and out farangs and now you see quite a few. So he reports on that. No big deal, no perversion.

When I am not it Thailand I find the numerous forums are a good way to keep up with what's going on in general but Sticks column often provides that little extra snippet that I find useful.

Just my tuppence worth.

Cheers,

Mark

PDS, I think its fair to say that several board members have had a good laugh at my initial rant, but Stick has been banging the 'Thailand would be better off without sexpats and sex tourists' drum for years. I wouldn't even describe his attitude to the nightlife industry as 'love/hate' - I doubt that anyone who had to report on the same subject every week would avoid the malaise he clearly feels.

Many of us are forced to go through the motions for a paypacket, but our employers/customers usually expect us to fake something resembling enthusiasm. I seem to recall that one of his pet peeves when he was teaching was having to endure colleagues who had no love for their profession or their students - no small irony there.

I agree with Munchy that photography is Stick's forte - he just needs to point that camera at new subjects.

Huh?

I think you are being a bit hard on the guy mate. He has always said something along the lines of "it is just his view" and I don't see the twisted perversion you are referring to myself. For example - you never used to see down and out farangs and now you see quite a few. So he reports on that. No big deal, no perversion.

When I am not it Thailand I find the numerous forums are a good way to keep up with what's going on in general but Sticks column often provides that little extra snippet that I find useful.

Just my tuppence worth.

Cheers,

Mark

You clearly think that publishing photos of down and out foreigners on a website is a normal? Well I don't - I find it shameful. I find it exceptionally reprehensible. My thoughts when I encounter such people is hurt and my inability and powerlessness to really help them. To actually take their photo and publish it on a website for profit is morally corrupt. It is despicable.

PDS, I think its fair to say that several board members have had a good laugh at my initial rant, but Stick has been banging the 'Thailand would be better off without sexpats and sex tourists' drum for years. I wouldn't even describe his attitude to the nightlife industry as 'love/hate' - I doubt that anyone who had to report on the same subject every week would avoid the malaise he clearly feels.

Many of us are forced to go through the motions for a paypacket, but our employers/customers usually expect us to fake something resembling enthusiasm. I seem to recall that one of his pet peeves when he was teaching was having to endure colleagues who had no love for their profession or their students - no small irony there.

I agree with Munchy that photography is Stick's forte - he just needs to point that camera at new subjects.

I think you've grown Gobble - you're more articulate, and even a little bit self-assertive. You should be much more positive at this rate. But then what do I know?

You clearly think that publishing photos of down and out foreigners on a website is a normal? Well I don't - I find it shameful. I find it exceptionally reprehensible. My thoughts when I encounter such people is hurt and my inability and powerlessness to really help them. To actually take their photo and publish it on a website for profit is morally corrupt. It is despicable.

Actually, is it not a very good service that he is providing to the expat community. Using the power of the photograph he is warning any expats who might be on or close to the slippery slope that if they don't mend their ways then they to could end up sleeping under a flyover. :hmmm:

Actually, is it not a very good service that he is providing to the expat community. Using the power of the photograph he is warning any expats who might be on or close to the slippery slope that if they don't mend their ways then they to could end up sleeping under a flyover. :hmmm:

I don't really care - but I think Stick has an extreme fear of ending up on the street himself. I wouldn't usually think so - except his column does seem to proselytize quite a bit. I think he worries that some Thai girl might strike him as better then he is - well that is rather troubling. I'd give him twenty or even fifty bucks if he came to me in need - I'm sure he never does the same for the hobos he exploits. Perhaps that is why I understandably despise him

The photos are one of the best parts of the Stick site.....with so many good photo opps in LOS its a pity he chooses to spend his time in the seediest parts of town ( lower Suk. and Beach Rd. Nana etc. ).Although I suppose the down-and-out farangs do have a certain fascination - who are they ?,whats their story ? etc.

Could be that guys are Jealous of him (Stickman)and the other ex-pats who get to live in Thailand full time,guys who had a plan and stuck to it ,to have enough money coming in or saved that they can live in Thailand ,where other guys only dream.There is No reason,that I can see to bash Stickman or any ex-pat,even the ex-pats don't get along all the time but that's another story?

Archived