Stick, Its Time To Move On .....

gobbledonk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, you can add he and his wife have no intention of having kids, so no financial drain for 20 plus years. I do wonder if his parents have ever seen stickman.com? I can jsut imagine the conversation between his parents and their friends; Little Stickman has lived in LOS for 12-13 years, mostly as an English teacher. However, he gave that up several years ago to devote all of his time and energy to his website, stickman.com, which used to be a site devoted towards whoremongers but now embraces all that is good and pure about Thailand.

He was here a number of years before he ever took up teaching. He wasn't when I met him when the Nanaplaza board was in its infancy. He had other sources of income before he started Stickman.com or began his years of teaching. I also expect his parents know about his site. Hard for them not to know.

Enough with the fascination about Stickman. Let's talk about Galt for a while. :elephant:

The Stick is an institution. Folks like to knock an institution.

Nice joke. I read it and wondered if he had finaly lost his marbles. Hooker cards. What's the world coming too!

The girls already have a 'hooker card' - its their Thai ID card. Every hotel I have ever been in confiscates the card and keeps a log of the time in/out and room number. Anyone with even basic programming skills could design a system to tie it all together, and the Thai bureaucracy would revel in the prospect of having that sort of info at their fingertips. Imagine trying to get a government teaching gig when you knew Big Brother had a record of your after-dark activities.

I was more incensed by the attempts to portray various countries bordering Thailand as protectors of their loyal subjects - hilarious. Hun Sen did nothing about Svay Pak until the media spotlight started to burn a little too brightly.

Why is Stickmans pension status / wealth or otherwise being discussed on this board. Surely that's his private business and not a topic for public debate? :shakehead

That is why I am trying to be as vague as possible, though I probably shouldn't say anything at all. Hard for me to let some of the statements pass though. :(

The girls already have a 'hooker card' - its their Thai ID card. Every hotel I have ever been in confiscates the card and keeps a log of the time in/out and room number. Anyone with even basic programming skills could design a system to tie it all together, and the Thai bureaucracy would revel in the prospect of having that sort of info at their fingertips. Imagine trying to get a government teaching gig when you knew Big Brother had a record of your after-dark activities.

That won't happen because it would snare far more Thais than foreigners!

Why is Stickmans pension status / wealth or otherwise being discussed on this board. Surely that's his private business and not a topic for public debate? :shakehead

The only 2 things that I brought up were his decision to not have children, which he stated in one of his weekly columns a few years ago which makes it fair game, and a question which was more rhetorical than an actual question. I really don't care about any member here's personal life. I certainly wouldn't post anything here that would portray me in a less than stellar light. And I never understood the fascination of the Stickman versus Gault slugfest. But then, I don't read the National Inquirer or any other trash magazine or gossip television programs. Stickman's site is OK. Seven or eight years ago, I read many of the letters/emails that he publishes. I went several years without looking at his weekly column but now usually read it on Sunday morning, when there is nothing else to do before my wife and kids get up. Usually, I just read his monologue, the email of the week and the advise from Siam legal (I do miss "Ask Mrs. Stick"). If his website ended, I wouldn't miss it but its nice to see someone have some success in living their "dream" in Bangkok.

Archived