What We Love About Thailand

panadolsandwich

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh but you can easily have both HT it just takes a little more grease on those squeaky wheels. That is all. No go find another thread - I plan to restore this one to it's original beauty.

...yes and buckloads of mature Bargirls, where even hordes of plastic surgeons could not restore their original beauty!

Come on guys we can do better than this! Don't some of you have something to say about the generousity of the ppl?

2 instances spring to mind.

in 2002 i was assaulted in a regular bar of mine where i had paid BF's for some of the ladies over a couple of Years,

a while later i collapsed in the bar and 2 of the ladies took me to hospital while i was treated and then took me back to my room and stayed the night to make sure i was OK.

in the morning i was grateful and surprised when they would not accept any cash for their efforts.

but their top clothing was covered in blood and i gave them a couple of my tops and got their's laundered and they were so grateful for my gesture.

the only thing they asked for was for me to buy them a drink each when i was back in the bar which i was happy to do.

last year i got heatstroke due to my failings and was felt quite ill for around 24 hours.

the lady i was with was a regular lady of mine and looked after me.

she would go out at all hours of the day/night and get me medicine and food which she said would help me feel better.

i remember her going out around 3am and getting me chicken soup(or something similar)and treating me like i was 10 Years old,the way a mother would.

she made me drink the stuff and really fussed over me............i was really greatful at her actions in the long-run.

and she also took care of a nasty cut on my foot which she bathed and dressed twice a day.

I've travelled the length and breadth of the globe (well i.e if you count Aberdeen), and when I was ushered to the overstay counter there was a very cute lady at the counter. I asked her, 'am I in trouble now?'with an insouciant smile and she just winked at me. True story. Full as a boot too, which is hardly unusual these days...

A friend of mine went thru a nasty divorce with his Thai wife...nasty to the point of her hiring Thai hit men to take him out!

He survived and some years after the divorce, he was in the hospital very ill, the x-wife came and took care of him the month he was in the hospital! not a mention of payment or anything!!!

Amazing Thailand!!!

Its that feeling ,when the airport doors open and your hit with that draught of hot ,humid air ,of being in another world or a parallel universe.Maybe this wears off after a while for the long term expat ?

YES, YES, YES !

YaR, I very much doubt that the expats get just what a thrill that is - even 3 months in BKK had me taking a lot of things for granted and many of the expats here have been in Thailand for 15 years or more.

For me, it starts when the plane taxis to a stop and everyone stands up - thank God thats over - but it really only kicks in when I finally get through Immigration and pick up my bag. Walking out into that chaotic Arrivals Hall and seeing all those people holding signs - so many Thai faces all peering at each new arrival. Off to the taxi stand, get the coupon and surrender yourself to the city - absolutely nothing like it for me. Anyone who has seen the movie 'Inception' will know the fantastic music that accompanies Di Caprio's return to LAX and his journey home to his kids - that is the music I plan to have in my ears when I walk out to get my baggage in 2014.

One of the reasons why I'm prepared to sit the next 23 months out is that the taxi back to Swampy is like the reverse of the rollercoaster ride on arrival. Still dont know how Farang actually live in Bangkok fulltime, and I'm tempted to go straight to Patts in 2014, but walking out of those doors at Swampy is what I like about Thailand. Oh, and the temples, of course .....

Le Temple

Archived