What We Love About Thailand

panadolsandwich

As KS said, the food is one of the best features of LOS. There are several nice neighbourhood restaurants near me where I can have a delicious lunch or dinner for under 100 baht (including a big Leo beer). Even though the dishes may have the same name, each restaurant makes them slightly different. If I feel like going as far as the market, there are numerous food stall where I can eat for even less. And when I am in the mood for something western, or perhaps Indian or even Israeli, I don't have to go all that far to do so. The portions are ample, but not ridiculously large as they are in the west. I can have what I want, when I want it - and for next to nothing. (With a few exceptions, unfortunately ... e.g. reasonably authentic Mexican dishes.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

food, temples/buddhism, pretty women, friendly playful happy natives, beautiful beaches, morlum music, making friends with various good people from around the world in thailand, 'that' feeling stepping off the plane in bangkok, feeling relaxed, the outdoor lifestyle, long distance southbound bus trips, train rides, cute women, thai fruits, 7/11's etc etc...sorry not very descriptive writing!

food, temples/buddhism, pretty women, friendly playful happy natives, beautiful beaches, morlum music, making friends with various good people from around the world in thailand, 'that' feeling stepping off the plane in bangkok, feeling relaxed, the outdoor lifestyle, long distance southbound bus trips, train rides, cute women, thai fruits, 7/11's etc etc...sorry not very descriptive writing!

Thanks that's fantastic. It's the extra brandy you can cadge off the pretty hostess. The cute girl who is staring at your package on the skytrain. A grilled prawn proffered pre-shelled. Whether the 7-11 clerk will say hello to you or not when you come in the door? The embarrassment when a cute couple of girls suddenly realise you can speak Thai.

I mean - let us not degenerate the thread with stories of wilful taxi drivers, or venenomous housewives. Thanks.

Guest lazyphil

cant forget the taxi driver who returned half a dozen rental videos i left in his car, returned them after his shift, stopped for a few cold ones-nice chap :biggrin:

Archived