Story Contest Results

khunsanuk

Hi,

Sorry, a few hours late, but anyway, here are the results for our Story Contest:

First place: "Doing Time" by johndaysh

Combined Second place: "Fucking Farangs" by Redbarong & "The Lizard I Couldn't See" by Coss

Fourth place: "Six Precious Hours" by Sisterray

Fifth place: "Romeo And Juliet" by Soi Hair of the Dog

Congrats guys, and thank you for participating!

Sanuk!

All the stories WERE good, but 'doing time' packed a wallop. Author is quite good. Set it up like yet another cliched tale and then... whoa. Better than the vast majority of published short stories I've seen in Expat books.

All of em were well done. :up:

Hi,

Some great news for all the contestants of this contest. A board member who wishes to remain anonymous has given me 9,000 Baht to be awarded to the contestants as follows:

First prize winner (johndaysh): 3,000 Baht

All other contestants: 1,500 Baht each

So, first all a big THANK YOU to that generous board member, and secondly, contestants please contact me to arrange transfer of the prize money.

Sanuk!

Thanks for the positive feedback on this story. It had been brewing away for a while and when the story contest was announced on my fav site thailandstories.com, and when sisteray encouraged me, I thought I'd give it a go. The 1000 word limit was a big challenge for me but I think it really helped and stopped me crapping on too much. Concision is good.

I submitted a day before deadline when I knew no prize was on offer so the award of 3000 Baht is a surprise. Thanks to the donor. He or she will be pleased to know that it will used to help fund the charity publication of a collection of stories that James Newman and I are putting together, due to be released early next year. Proceeds will go to a Bangkok orphanage or "slum" school.

I have had a cruise around this board and like it. If one of the objectives of the contest was to encourage new members then it has found at least one. I look forward to contributing.

Cheers.

Archived