Is It Time To Run Europe From Berlin ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you cooked up the shit first, gobbie with your ignorance towards national identities and sovereignities of European countries!

Belgium has at least two identities. The country is wasting billions since many institutions are duplicated for the Flemish (Dutch) and the Walloon (French) part. Also the government is almost impotent, since both groups do everything to block each other. From the outside it looks like a cancer which has infected major parts of the society and its institutions. I guess other countries would have already broken up (see the former Czechoslovakia) or would have collapsed because of the scale of mismanagement. But Belgium is still there - even when it was without a government for more than a year, from the outside it looked as this didn't matter.

On 1 June 2011, Belgium matched the record for time taken to form a new democratic government after an election, at 353 days, held until then by Cambodia in 2003–2004.
surprised.gif

You know I like Cambo, but I guess a Western country being compared to Cambo? This country can't do much worse...

Maybe Belgium is too small to fail. smirk.gif

I wonder how BB sees the situation in Belgium.

Thanks Kamui - I was ignorant of the reality in Belgium, but it appears that I wasnt as far off the mark as HT would have me believe. Its interesting that his logical persona is quickly abandoned in favour of something we are all too familiar with when confronted with a viewpoint he doesnt agree with - how very HT.

I wonder how BB sees the situation in Belgium.

that one is easy, 5 - 6 more years, then off to Thailsnd :)

Belgium has at least two identities.

right. Flanders, Wallonia, German districts, and Brussels, all topped off with a Federal government, subdivided with 10 provinces.

The country is wasting billions

and much much more......

But Belgium is still there

because poliicians cannot agree to destroy it totally :)

besides that, our economy is -at the moment- stronger than Germany....

and percentage wise we contribute the same amounts as Germany to bail out Ireland, Greece, Portugal, now Spain, and soon Cyprus.....

BB

Interesting market reaction to the latest bail-out for the Spanish banks....FTSE up almost 1.5 % before finishing lower for the day.Looks like people took a close look at the scheme and realised it doesnt solve anything-just adds more debt onto Spain which it wont be able to pay back :surprised:

so how many identities has germany then?

bavarian, swabian, preussian etc.etc.?

Events like the soccer world cup made it perfectly clear - to the Germans too smirk.gif - that the major bond and identity is being German. Anything else like being Bavarian, e.g. are sub-identities. Of course there are occasional small skirmishes, but it's not as bad as in Italy where the north despises the south, or in Belgium or in GB or in Spain. The biggest problem is the economic and cultural divide between West- and East Germany, due to the asymmetrical economic development, very different histories, social norms, e.g.

Archived