What Tgs Really Think Of Farang

Mr. Mojo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are we not all original members here.....? :grouphug:

BB

We are original, but this is not the original board. :beer:

p.s. But some posters really are cyborgs - changing board handles, nationality, personality etc. Oops ... come to think of it FM is not my original board handle. :closemouth:

<< Graduates are female and many are now waking up to the fact that a foreign partner / husband is a better prospect for her than a less educated Thai man. >>

A Bangkok Post survey years ago showed that Thai men generally only want a wife who is less educated than them. Thus the more education a Thai woman had, the lower her chances of ever marrying. With an MA or MS, the odds were 50-50 of her marrying. With a PhD, the odds of her marrying were only 1 in 4.

Also, the acceptance of foreign men has increased amazingly. I asked the girls in a 4th year university class how many would be willing to marry a Farang. Every single hand shot up in reply. The Thai guys in the class were a bit shocked and unhappy. :)

I agree. Our best employees are our younger employees, and the vast majority of them are women. Some of the older Thais in management complain about this, but the simple fact is that about 90% of the qualified applicants we see are women. And many of them have Farang boyfriends. Those that don't, seem to want one. But to be fair, I think a big age gap, when it is too wide, is an issue.

could you expand on that please ? what is the norm, what is acceptable.....just curious.

BB

Come on, we all know what people _might_ think if a Farang has a Asian wife half of his age. In LOS, that she is a prostitute, and in the West that she is either a mail order bride and/or a former prostitute.

I guess the big difference between LOS and Farangland is, that the Thais will know after the first contact from which social background and from which area in LOS the TG is coming and therefore that they will able to correct their first assumption. Or will they not?

dunno.gif

Well I tempt fate by suggesting this, but life is good and I'm earning a little too. Stark contrast to the last 20 years. I'm just not used to fortune I guess, there's always (in my mind) an Ogre lurking around the corner....

Come on, we all know what people _might_ think if a Farang has a Asian wife half of his age. In LOS, that she is a prostitute, and in the West that she is either a mail order bride and/or a former prostitute.

I guess the big difference between LOS and Farangland is, that the Thais will know after the first contact from which social background and from which area in LOS the TG is coming and therefore that they will able to correct their first assumption. Or will they not?

dunno.gif

not really what I meant......when the (asian) girl is only 20 yo, is the farang old when he 35 yo ?

when she'll be 40 yo, he will be "only" 55 yo, quite acceptable, no ?

so, if she is 20, and the guy is 45, is that over the top ? where is the limit ?

half plus 7 as per formula ?

When I met my now wife, she was 24, I was 46, 22 years older, big shock then to some without the knowledge.

Today, 10 years later, same age difference, way less of a shock :)

So, what is the limit to be acceptable then ?

BB

not really what I meant......when the (asian) girl is only 20 yo, is the farang old when he 35 yo ?

when she'll be 40 yo, he will be "only" 55 yo, quite acceptable, no ?

so, if she is 20, and the guy is 45, is that over the top ? where is the limit ?

half plus 7 as per formula ?

When I met my now wife, she was 24, I was 46, 22 years older, big shock then to some without the knowledge.

Today, 10 years later, same age difference, way less of a shock :)

So, what is the limit to be acceptable then ?

BB

I guess the limit is in the eye of the beholder... tophat.gif

Archived