Flight Attendant Rants At Passengers Over Intercom After Five-Hour Delay

Flashermac

We used to fly around in C-130s, sitting on the floor with straps to hold onto. And the tailgate was always open. Always wondered about that. Only time I've ever been airsick! There was an LT sitting on one side of me and an E-4 on the other. I threw up on the LT. :)

Good point Mekong. I also suspect that said passenger might have dealt with that delay a whole lot better BEFORE he had been subjected to life in 2 warzones.

Personally, I'll take 5 hours stuck in a terminal over even one hour of being forced to remain on the plane as it sits on the tarmac. Claustrophobic and bloody annoying when you can see the terminal building from your seat.

I think when Serrano said

“I don’t care anymore. This is probably my last flight,†Serrano sputtered, according to several passengers.

That is what scared passengers, did he mean he was going to blow up the plane in flight?

Don't forget everyone had frayed tempers and imagination does tend to run wild in such situations.

Agreed with 5 Hours Terminal v 1 Hour sat on the tarmac, especially if Smoking rooms available in the terminal.

I think if there is a good reason for delay and everybody is taken care off by a polite crew, passengers remain calm.

I was once stuck in a plane on the ground for 5 hours when a typhoon hit Hongkong and then another 9 hours in the terminal before we could finaly take off and everybody remained calm and polite.

it's just ignorance and arrogance of crew members that turn people off! and american crews are champions in those two subjects!

I once flew "Continental" a three hour flight, the crew were all dressed like extras, from the 6 million dollar man, hair and more hair.

The, camp as a row of tents, guy, got on the intercom and proceeded to tell us all, about how wonderful everyone on the crew was, it was like an Oscar ceremony. His main message, was that it was a short flight and if we could all remain seated, it would be so much easier for the crew, to make the two passes with the drinks trolley and the one pass with the food.

As it was we, were half way there before he stopped with the verbal masturbation and we only got one look at the drinks trolley.

Tosser.

Have refrained from "Continental" since, not even sure they exist anymore...

Archived