Us Missionaries Target A Tough Sell: Bangkok Bar Girls

Coss

Let's see how long a couple of jackass Christian missionaries last down in the Muslim border provinces... Mostly likely they would meet their Maker sooner than planned, with their severed heads under their arms, to boot! That's one thing radical Islam and me can agree on: Christian missionaries suck...

It's not only this NGO. Neither of those I have heard of are going after the really dark, criminal, dangerous, ugly and seedy side of the sex trade in LOS or Cambo.

The NGOs ignore those women (and kids) who need their help most, those who are foreign women without any rights, those who have been sold to brothels (Cambo), those who are held as sex slaves and/or fell prey to sex traffickers.

One reason is obviously that even in BKK the missionaries wouldn't last a week if they would visit Thai only places around town (higher up or the real seedy places doesn't matter I guess). The second reason is, that due to its openess Farang P4P has been exposed in Western media for years. It is much easer to get donation if it's well 'documentated', especially when 'bad' Western males are part of the problem (you get Christians as well as feminists on bord) compared to a Thai only scene where donators don't have intellectual/emotional connections to.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of one, who is the other ? :surprised:

I know that Catholics love to visit prostitutes, it's the same for Evangelicals?

A short look back into the history of the Catholic church:

Vatican laymen persuaded Emperor Sigismund to convoke and preside at a General Church council at Constance in 1414. It was an uncanny four-year event and ‘the incontinence practiced by the churchmen demoralized the city in which it was convened’. For their pleasure during the proceedings, the priest’s employed 1500 prostitutes that they called ‘vagrant strumpets’ who they used to refresh themselves of an evening after days of arguing in the Council. The sacerdotal fornicators, it seemed, were very liberal to the professional ladies. One courtesan, it is said, gained 800 florins; an immense sum in those days.

For their pleasure during the proceedings, the priest’s employed 1500 prostitutes[/color] that they called ‘vagrant strumpets’ who they used to refresh themselves of an evening after days of arguing in the Council. [/size][/font]

Huh, interesting - that's the first time I've seen the word "strumpet" used in reference to adolescent boys, I had always imagined it described women only.

"Vagrant Strumpets" - what better name for the lower Suk late night sidewalk scene...

YimSiam

Huh, interesting - that's the first time I've seen the word "strumpet" used in reference to adolescent boys, I had always imagined it described women only.

"Vagrant Strumpets" - what better name for the lower Suk late night sidewalk scene...

YimSiam

it's about priests with female prostitutes... tophat.gif

Priests with girls! Ha! Likely story... You think I was born yesterday? ...

YimSiam

I have an ancestor who lived in the 16th century and who held a high rank in in the Catholic church in one of the major cities of the Middle Age. Of course he could not marry, but we have some original files from the city archive which state that he lived together with his maidservant, a "fat, slutty women". They had two kids. If found out (or better said, made public) it would have meant death penalty. I guess as always it's about money and power.

surprised.gif

Anyway, I presume for to repent his sins he founded a foundation for his descendants which still exists today. If a women marries or a man goes to university she/he can claim some financial support. Usually its a one time payment of 50 EUR or so. laugh.gif

I have an ancestor who lived in the 16th century and who held a high rank in in the Catholic church in one of the major cities of the Middle Age. Of course he could not marry, but we have some original files from the city archive which state that he lived together with his maidservant, a "fat, slutty women". They had two kids. If found out (or better said, made public) it would have meant death penalty. I guess as always it's about money and power.

surprised.gif

Anyway, I presume for to repent his sins he founded a foundation for his descendants which still exists today. If a women marries or a man goes to university she/he can claim some financial support. Usually its a one time payment of 50 EUR or so. laugh.gif

i saw somewhere that the age of consent in the Vatican is 12(or used to be).

i pity the choirboys who think they have got the best job of their lives.

i saw somewhere that the age of consent in the Vatican is 12(or used to be).

i pity the choirboys who think they have got the best job of their lives.

The Vatican law follows the Italian penal code. Therefore they don't have an own age of consent. And of course it is not 12. In the Vatican there aren't living many kids, if any, anyway.

http://nzconservativ...of-consent.html

Also, as the council from Constance shows most priests seem to be heterosexual. I think most priests today are hetersexual too. It just don't makes the news when a priest is caught with a women and even fathers a child. If they keep quiet the church will even pay alimente, if it's becoming public knowledge (in the parish that is) usually the priest is being kicked out of the church. Only in rare occasions it makes headlines:

L.A. bishop retires after admitting he fathered two kids

Of course this doesn't lessens the horrendous paedophile scandals of the past years.

Archived