Encounter With Bg Who Lived In Us For A While Yesterday

Gadfly

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better prospects ? An uneducated Thai woman with an extremely dodgy work history and a fiancee/marriage visa ? I know of only two jobs that such a woman would qualify for, and chances are that 12 hours a day waiting tables wouldnt be her first choice.

A lady (early 30s, 1 son) I knew from Udon was virtually 'trafficked' here by Thai-Australians who bought her and a swag of other Isaan women out to pick fruit for them - even though they knew they were being exploited, who do you complain to when your 30-day tourist visa expired 3 months ago ? Immigration finally carted her off to Villawood and the Australian taxpayer picked up the tab for her flight home. She was relatively lucky - some of her younger/more attractive sisters have undoubtedly found themselves paying off 30k 'debts' on a 1.5k plane fare.

Way back in my Peace Corps days, another vol fell for a Pattaya BG. He knocked her up, she had the kid, and then promptly abandoned her! The PC vol, a guy in his mid-20s, was shocked. He said he was not having his daughter grow up to be a hooker. He tracked her down and legally adopted her. He took his daughter home with him. His parents immediately fell in love with the little cutie and begged to be allowed to raise her. He agreed and the daughter lived happily ever after. The birth mother never expressed any interest in her child and never tried to see her again. Takes all kinds. :dunno:

Makes you pause and think about how different his daughter's life would have been had he no tracked her down. Here, I think about the two step-brothers: one growing up in the US (presumably NJ) an American life, and the other growing up with a mom still working in the bars. I wonder if the one in the US will get curious and try to track down his biological mother. As for the BG herself, I could live another 90 years here, and I still won't understand this kind of stuff.

Life in Farangland probably seems very dull for many of these ladies after the excitement of the bar/gogo scene,even though it may be much safer,more secure and with better long term prospects,hence many of them return after a while.I adopted a stray cat once;gave it a good home,plenty of food etc.After a couple of days it went out and didnt come back.Later I found it back in the same place where I had originally seen it .....obviously it preferred that lifestyle :dunno: Same-same Thai lady bar :chinaman:

You may be right. In the pictures I saw of NJ, it was nice, suburban NJ, but probably still boring as hell. I am not from there, but when I go back to the U.S. for vacation, I really enjoy and appreciate the sanitary conditions, cleanness, the fact that no one is trying to scam him me most of the time I am engaged in the simplest of transactions, but after awhile, I too get bored. I notice, for example, that not much is open 10 pm (I am not even a night owl, but I still notice it.) I wonder if its easier for a BG to make the transaction to, say, LA, SF or NYC? Even those places are not the same as BKK, but still not as dramatic a change, and other Thais and Thai food is available.

There was a hit Thai movie in the 1970s called "Khao Nawk Nah" (Rice Ouside the Field). It told the story of two daughters of a BG who were abandoned by their mother; both had GI fathers. The half-white girl was adopted by a wealthy family and had a happy life. The half-black one grew up in the orphanage and ended up in the bars. Lots of good songs in the flick, songs you heard in the bars for quite a while afterwards. The most memorable was "Gliat Khon Suay" (I hate beautiful people), song by the half-black gal.

From the little I've seen of this abandonment thing here I'm surprised it's not more of a issue. Maybe it is and like so many other things in Thailand it's kept quiet. For every 5 or 6 BG's I've talked to who had kids living back home I can pretty much say that at least 1 or more has no interest in them. Sad stuff.

I spoke to a doctor who did a round in Issann (students loans), and she said abandonment was common butnoumdiscussed, particularly Mitch make chikdren, who don't have yor earning capacity of young dsiiiiiitrtyoo',

I spoke to a doctor who did a round in Issann (students loans), and she said abandonment was common butnoumdiscussed, particularly Mitch make chikdren, who don't have yor earning capacity of young dsiiiiiitrtyoo',

Got to get that down before you edit it - what have you been drinking? A classic case of PWI (posting while intoxicated)!

Archived