Lance Armstrong - From Oprah To A Jail Cell ?

gobbledonk

The Kardashians have done nothing but act trashy. Apparently that makes one a celebrity these days, provided one has big boobs and a big butt. :dunno:

Interesting that he says he feels it was not possible to win back then without using "enhancement drugs". There seems to have been a lot of it going on at the time. :hmmm:

Its generally accepted, FWIR, that the mountain stage is the toughest part of the tour (cant imagine why ...). In the 2011 race, the rider who beat everyone else up the mountain finished the Tour in a time that would have placed him 40th in Armstrong's last Tour De France win. My understanding is that EPO and blood transfusions dont make you a 'better' athlete until it really matters - when the lactic acid is kicking in and your body just wants you to get off that bike and collapse by the side of the road. Imagine seeing Armstrong and other team members sail past you like they were out for a Sunday ride in Spring - that is a massive psychological advantage. The other teams aren't made up of complete idiots - with big sponsorships at stake, of course they took advantage of the slack testing regime.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the vision we have seen of Oprah, she seems almost comatose in the interview. Fires off a question, allows Armstrong to dig himself in deeper - almost zero expression throughout, but that is probably fitting given that he seems to think he is 'Mr Poker Face'. He's wondering where he can stash his money to stop the lawyers getting their hands on it, and she's wondering when she'll pick up the check for the interviews : aint capitalism grand ?

He'll make a killing with the movie rights.

Statute of limitations negates most or all of the possibility of criminal charges.

His legal minds will have assured him that he "100% sure" won't have to give back any sponsor money.

So how to turn a tarnished reputation around? Go all Mother Theresa. Not that he's done a very good job of that....

The other news, on the same day, is that Tiger is reportedly trying to reconcile with his ex-wife, complete with a clause that says 'Catch me cheating again and you get 350 million !'. Hilarious stuff, Tiger old man - she is probably still douching herself with Draino after finding out the details of your weekend-long sex and drugs efforts in Vegas. To those who cant see anything wrong with that, try to remember the sanitised image the guy tried to project prior to the day he ran into a tree trying to escape his loving wife's wrath.

(ok, hard to believe she didnt have an inkling, but that's different to hearing every whore from LA to Miami go into intimate details re your husband's 'all night long' staying power ... ).

I think I like my 'heroes' to have a few obvious human weaknesses. Now take Hunter S. Thompson ...... :neener:

Archived