Smokers : What Would It Take For You To Give Up ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about air pollution, specifcially from cars and factories. Surely just stepping out my house, I am taking in a lung-full of particulants. When will the goverment look to ban cars and close those disgusting factories!?

Actually most homes are worse due to off gassing of paints, cleaners, plastics.. all in a confined insulated space. There are no real practical home HVAC units that filter out car and factory emissions. And I dont know of any that specifically remove CO. So it is not logical to think that just because you are inside your house that the air is much better then what is outside your front door.

Actually most homes are worse due to off gassing of paints, cleaners, plastics.. all in a confined insulated space. There are no real practical home HVAC units that filter out car and factory emissions. And I dont know of any that specifically remove CO. So it is not logical to think that just because you are inside your house that the air is much better then what is outside your front door.

Totally disagree. There are strict guidlines within the E.U. on plastics and paints. I will grant you that my home could produce a lot more methane than the norm though :)

Air pollution in some cities (Mexico, China for example) has been proven to have a more potent effect on the lungs than smoking 20 a day!

WP renewed Feb 2012. Had medical required, first time in 10 years. But here's the thing, WP is valid until 2014, so 2 years not 1. Not sure if that is automatic after 10 years.

Medical had requirements as stated but Dr at the hospital, not centralBKK, is a bearish neighbour, same moo baan. So just a quick, how are you and out the door. Maybe different next year but no test this year, or renewal.

Totally disagree. There are strict guidlines within the E.U. on plastics and paints. I will grant you that my home could produce a lot more methane than the norm though :)

Air pollution in some cities (Mexico, China for example) has been proven to have a more potent effect on the lungs than smoking 20 a day!

There are guidelins and regs, this is true. But all are woefully insufficient and getting to nano scales, unworkable if you want polymers to bind, solvents to cut, tanning chemicals to preserve. Put simply: if you can smell the fresh paint or the cleanser or the nice leather, you are breathing it. The best example is the smell of new car. Or even fresh carpet. Also what a box of plastic bags smells like when you first open it.

Combine that with low fresh air circulation in a home insulated to keep in heat and AC, and the "bad" gasses just stay in the home. This is why Radon is a real problem in a lot of homes with under ground basements.

But you are correct that in many cities in developing countries, it is 1000x's worse due to unregulated (Or unenforced regulations!) industrial activity.

Archived