Smokers : What Would It Take For You To Give Up ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 100% capacity even though I have smoked for 35 years now and currently smoke 40-50 / day plus the occasional herbal ciggy

Total and utter bullshit. At the very least, you have emphysema and you are in an extremely high risk category for stroke. heart disease and other very nasty outcomes (sudden death would be merciful compared to struggling for breath, IMO). I dont need the 'Surgeon-General' to tell me any of this - I saw what tobacco did to both my parents and several uncles. You can have the strongest constitution in the world, but I'm willing to bet that each day starts with a series of hacking coughs that wrack your entire body : my stepfather was still 'coughing up a lung' a decade after he finally quit.

My Zero Degree mornings do not exist, I am still in Thailand, I took BUPA to Ratchada Civil Court (Thai Equivalent of Old Bailey) to prove that my HBV was not a pre existing condition and not only did BUPA agree to an out of court settlement they are now legally bound to pay all of my medical costs. It does pay to have a tenacious lawyer who I happened to get married to last Monday and all the pre nuptials are in order with certified english translations.

Right, so after starting a thread that said 'Fuck Thailand - I've had enough !', the Thai legal system came to your aid (in record time) to achieve a settlement against a giant multinational that has no particular interest in humans, be they Thai or Farang ?

http://t2.thai360.com/index.php?/topic/58885-i-am-out-period/

Posted 01 December 2012 - 15:15

Feb 91 I made my base here and december 2012 I am going to fuck off,

too much shit here to make it fun anymore

Goodbye Thailand and godd fucking riddence/

Several posters, including one who hid behind the veil of a new identity, called you on some the claims in that post - my contention was simply that you seemed to be venting your anger on Thailand and the Thai people because of the actions of a single faceless corporation. Given that the'notorious' Thai legal system would seem to have saved you from sub-zero temperatures, I think the least you could do would be to update that thread with an apology to the Thai people.

Mekong, you clearly make a profound impression on the BMs who have actually met you, and you definitely have more supporters than detractors, but disparaging the country which has enriched your life for so many years just doesn't sit well with me. I know I'll get flamed for being a 'Thai apologist', but they seem to be a very easy whipping boy for every disgruntled Farang with internet access atm. If you want to bail on Thailand at some stage in the future, please put some thought into the way you phrase your opening post.

My Zero Degree mornings do not exist, I am still in Thailand, I took BUPA to Ratchada Civil Court (Thai Equivalent of Old Bailey) to prove that my HBV was not a pre existing condition and not only did BUPA agree to an out of court settlement they are now legally bound to pay all of my medical costs. It does pay to have a tenacious lawyer who I happened to get married to last Monday and all the pre nuptials are in order with certified english translations.

PROPS!!!

........, but I suspect that it's going to take a doctor (or a priest ..) to really get the job done for many of us.

Feedback most welcome.

True in my case GD

In fact it only took 1 word.....Malignant

Almost 9 months now....Cold Turkey and have not had so much as a puff since

Stopped Drinking same day

I got very good news just prior to Xmas.....looks like the treatment worked....no sign of Mass on latest CT scans

Actually had a couple of drinks over Xmas / New Year....but very little....and will continue that way moving forward as a secondary occurrence is something I do not want to experience

Dropped from a pre treatment 92 kgs (fat cnut) to current 66 kgs (slim Jim) but feeling pretty damn good

Would not wish the Radiation / Chemo experience on my worst enemy....but hey....the diet worked...and I'm still alive

Cheers DS

True in my case GD

In fact it only took 1 word.....Malignant

Almost 9 months now....Cold Turkey and have not had so much as a puff since

Stopped Drinking same day

I got very good news just prior to Xmas.....looks like the treatment worked....no sign of Mass on latest CT scans

Actually had a couple of drinks over Xmas / New Year....but very little....and will continue that way moving forward as a secondary occurrence is something I do not want to experience

Dropped from a pre treatment 92 kgs (fat cnut) to current 66 kgs (slim Jim) but feeling pretty damn good

Would not wish the Radiation / Chemo experience on my worst enemy....but hey....the diet worked...and I'm still alive

Cheers DS

I've seen him, it's true!

Skinny little bugger now...

Total and utter bullshit. At the very least, you have emphysema and you are in an extremely high risk category for stroke. heart disease and other very nasty outcomes (sudden death would be merciful compared to struggling for breath, IMO). I dont need the 'Surgeon-General' to tell me any of this - I saw what tobacco did to both my parents and several uncles. You can have the strongest constitution in the world, but I'm willing to bet that each day starts with a series of hacking coughs that wrack your entire body : my stepfather was still 'coughing up a lung' a decade after he finally quit.

Strictly speaking, any particulate matter continually breathed into the lungs will cause this. You should see the rates of respiratory deseases among sheet rock or saw mill workers.

Archived