Smokers : What Would It Take For You To Give Up ?

gobbledonk

ANYBODY who wants to quit smoking can use Swedish or Danish snus and quit. Since I started using it I have one cig every six months.

It does work and nicotine is great when you are not getting it through burning the tobacco.

Just search snus on any search engine or PM me if you want some links.

Quitting is easy....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source:

Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Ministry of Labour, Department of Employment,

Mit-Maitri Road, Dindaeng Bangkok.10400 Tel. +66-2-245-2745, +66-2-354-1767-9, +66-2-354-1723

Website is basically worthless if you don't read Thai - but I got this during the last renewal.

Form: W.P.5 (Work Permit Renewal)

"Medical certificate showing that the applicant is not insane or mentally sick, suffer from Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, Elephantitus and Tertiary Syphilis (issued within the last six months)."

In practice, must be from a hospital (not a local clinic) and they did do the chest X-Ray and blood test.

Effective date of the regulation? Not sure, but just renewed the WP last week.

Did not need this medical last year (Jan 2012) but as Mekong says he was required to have it during last year, and I also heard about the regulation being enforced by others in our office who had their WP renewed last year.

"Medical certificate showing that the applicant is not insane or mentally sick, suffer from Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, Elephantitus and Tertiary Syphilis (issued within the last six months)."

Given that mental illness in Thailand seems to have roughly the same priority assigned to it as fostering independent thought in schools, I would be fascinated to sit in on the clinical test used to determine whether one is or is not 'insane or mentally sick'. As for drug addiction and alcoholism, I wonder want percentage of teachers pass that test ?

'Great news, honey - I don't have Elephantitus or Leprosy and this piece of paper proves it !' .....

Thanks PM for confirming what I have been repeating until blue i the face for the past 6 months.

In the past WP medicals were a foregone conclusion where as now the examination has to done at a respectable hospital and the chest X-rays and blood tests are the most critical of the testing

Thanks PM for confirming what I have been repeating until blue i the face for the past 6 months.

In the past WP medicals were a foregone conclusion where as now the examination has to done at a respectable hospital and the chest X-rays and blood tests are the most critical of the testing

The medical for the Wp out here in the country...was like nothing...just a hello, how are you...on my way :dunno:

Archived