Tv Censorship In Thailand

khunsanuk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the reasons I was looking forward to my exile in Laos, was that I assumed (incorrectly) that I wouldn't have to put up with Thai Soaps. So wrong!

Thais shouting and screaming at each other all the time - so my question always is - what's wrong with Lao TV?

No definitive answer yet...

With every passing month, my affection grows for La-Khon Nam Nao (Thai soaps, the really over-the-top ones). Not kidding. I live for the day I can understand them without a translator. If they had subs I'd buy a few on DVD. I guess I couldn't be more opposite to yourself and KS. :)

The new Jan Dara seems to be popular (or notorious) with the Thais in BKK - every time the subject of movies comes up I'm asked if I've seen it yet - and then I get a little spiel on how it's very, ummm... Will have to meander over to Ekkamai or Emporium and give it a look.

Thai tv.....take away the soaps and game-shows there would be virtually nothing left...... :grinyes: I must confess to owning a couple of boxed sets of Lakorn series together with the magazine that goes with it - good for learning when not in the country.

jairai,

i loved particularly the 'hiso farmer' soap (where the stars were screaming when they got their hands dirty from the animals etc. hilarious!!) as of oct/nov last year with miss/mrs chom who is a real class actress! you cant avoid seeing her all over the place as she feature like half of the billboard ads around bkk like bts,mrt,paragon, tv, movies et all!! shame as she's my ex gf and really hard to forget her hahah!

yeah the new jan dara is pretty ok as it feature highlights from the old/original one as well as some neat new sex scenes when jan is older & finally take over his dying dads wife ;)

but the old movie shown last year was really a tad more exciting as the new is mainly an 'old mans sad story'...

enjoy!

Archived