Tv Censorship In Thailand

khunsanuk

Hi,

I'm sure most here know about the censorship on Thai TV, blurring of nudity, people smoking, drinking alcohol and pointing guns or knifes at each other. Well, I just saw one example, even more ridiculous than those already mentioned.

My wife was watching TV and there were 2 girls talking to each other, interview style. The girls were wearing short skirts and apparently this was obscene and thus it was blurred out!

Utterly ridiculous, even more so since they were seen from the side and it would thus have been VERY hard to actually see anything you're not supposed to see.

:rolleyes:

Sanuk!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how someone can hold a gun at waist level, but as soon as they point it at someone, it disappears in a blur, in fast action movies this can be quite funny as you wonder why everyone is scared of the man with the bury hand

"Pixel boy" as we call it in the trade is fun when watching smokers, they raise "something" to their lips, then magiaclly blow out smoke like a dragon!

I've noticed that American stations on Thai TV are skewed to the right with the big presence of FOX news. CNN is available but it does not counteract the far right disinformation promulgated all over Thailand by FOX. This is a form of censorship when news is biased to the far right and there is unavailability of left leaning news like MSNBC on Thai TV.

One of the reasons I was looking forward to my exile in Laos, was that I assumed (incorrectly) that I wouldn't have to put up with Thai Soaps. So wrong!

Thais shouting and screaming at each other all the time - so my question always is - what's wrong with Lao TV?

No definitive answer yet...

Archived