Tv Censorship In Thailand

khunsanuk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha.

try to watch the jan dara movies (in the thai cinema).

surprisingly nothing censored at all!!!

i assume the producer must have very good connections at the censorship board ;)

I know what you mean, I didn't know the Thai's could even act that raunchy for camera!

It was an 18 certificate Thai film though, I don't think I've known them be that adult previously!

Channel 7 programs (military) are more right-wing and have a more adventure / thriller flavor than Channel 3, but Channel 3 is more softy softy liberal. Censorship tends to be during the day more doesn't it?

yeah the new jan dara is pretty ok as it feature highlights from the old/original one as well as some neat new sex scenes when jan is older & finally take over his dying dads wife ;)

but the old movie shown last year was really a tad more exciting as the new is mainly an 'old mans sad story'...

enjoy!

I missed the first one, but figured there was a previous story as the abductor guy said he'd been screwed over by the womans family. Sad ending on that though, I think it's unbelievable that a man with all his coin couldn't drum up a parade of mia noi's and marry one of them. It's like he gave up on women or something after the balcony scene.

Thai tv.....take away the soaps and game-shows there would be virtually nothing left...... :grinyes: I must confess to owning a couple of boxed sets of Lakorn series together with the magazine that goes with it - good for learning when not in the country.

Sounds like Manga. But yep, exactly my thoughts - and not being sarcastic - they would be an excellent learning tool, hence I watched them with my language helper. :) Well, until she blew a gasket last week that is.

jairai,

i loved particularly the 'hiso farmer' soap (where the stars were screaming when they got their hands dirty from the animals etc. hilarious!!) as of oct/nov last year with miss/mrs chom who is a real class actress! you cant avoid seeing her all over the place as she feature like half of the billboard ads around bkk like bts,mrt,paragon, tv, movies et all!! shame as she's my ex gf and really hard to forget her hahah!

Must investigate and look for this. Will report back. :)

"La-Khon Nam Nao" ... putrid water shows?

Ahhh, I finally got one over on Flash. I'm going to mark this day on my calendar. The way it was explained to me is something like this (obviously no literal translation) - there is regular la-khon which is just straight drama and a little ridiculous.

La-khon nam nao (yep, dirty water) is at the upper tier of this, it's the stuff that is so over-the-top ridiculous that even those who love it shake their heads at the plot. But yet, they still love it. :)

Yes sad indeed.

Possibly the producer wanted to give the view that no such womenizers have no future in thailand as of today :p

"I think it's unbelievable that a man with all his coin couldn't drum up a parade of mia noi's and marry one of them. It's like he gave up on women or something after the balcony scene."

Archived