I Phone 4S

dean

I bought an I Phone 4S on Ebay a little over a year ago. The person that I bought it from had got it through Sprint but the phone came with no money being owed on the contract and I had it jailbroken and now use Straight Talk. The person that jailbroke it said not to update the OS, which I haven't and not to let the power run out completely, which I did one and had him fix it. About once every other month, I have a problem with the phone finding the proper carrier and have to pop out the sim card 4-5 times over a 20-30 minute period, while the phone looks for and eventually finds the right service carrier. I would prefer to update the OS (if possible) and not have to fool around with the sim card every other month. I will be coming to LOS in July and was wondering if it is possible to permanently jailbreak the Phone and if there is someplace in Bangkok where I can take it to have this done? Thanks!

Thanks, Kong. The only other thing I was going to try in LOS was to transfer my 2300 songs on my I-Pod to the I Phone. The songs were put together 10 years ago and I don't remember how to access my I Tunes account. I can't plug the I Pod into my new I Tunes account, as that account has no music on it and will delete all the material from the I pod. I will check with an Apple store to see if they can find the old I Tunes account. If they can't, I plan on trying to find someplace either in Bangkok or Chiang Mai that can safely duplicate the songs and put them on my I phone or just transfer them. Any suggestions would be welcome.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Kong. The only other thing I was going to try in LOS was to transfer my 2300 songs on my I-Pod to the I Phone. The songs were put together 10 years ago and I don't remember how to access my I Tunes account. I can't plug the I Pod into my new I Tunes account, as that account has no music on it and will delete all the material from the I pod. I will check with an Apple store to see if they can find the old I Tunes account. If they can't, I plan on trying to find someplace either in Bangkok or Chiang Mai that can safely duplicate the songs and put them on my I phone or just transfer them. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have often floundered on this, somehow I managed to get all tunes onto new phone but I am fecked if I know how I did it, laptop tossed across the room and a few choice words in Anglo Saxon, iTunes and I do not get on too well hehe!

I got myself an iPhone 5 the other day and what gets me is the weight, or should I say lack of such, I am for ever feeling my pocket to check its still there since no bugger calls me.

As of today, I've bought three Iphone 4's and three Ipad 2's and one Ipad 3 on Ebay over the last 10 days. They either have a cracked/smashed screen but functions properly, or have bad ESN, or both. The two Iphone 4's with bad ESN, I'll give to my wifes' mother and sister. Hopefully, I can teach them about the Facetime feature, and I'll install the apps for skype, Viper and Line. If they don't have wireless access, they can find WIFI hotspots and call my wife on her Iphone 4S for free. I've put Vonage on hiatus for six months and don't plan on re-instating it at the end of 6 months. The Ipad 3, once fixed, I'll give to my daughter, once to my 5 year old son (It should be interesting to see how long it lasts before he drops/breaks it; I also plan on limiting his use, as he starts school this year and playing with the Ipad for 3-4 hours a day, as he has been on my wife's Ipad, can't be good in the long run). One will go to either my wife's mother or sister (probably sister), with the same apps on it as on the Iphone. I'll be in the Bangkok/Jomtien area for 8 days before heading for Chiang Mai, so I can head to MBK the first day and try Mekong's recommendation of Iphone Friend on the 4th floor. Once fixed, Ill head for Pantip Plaza and see what features, if any, can be downloaded (particularly since one of the Ipad's and 2 of the Phones will be used by Thais with very limited English. In the meantime, I'll ask at both MBK and PP if my music catalog can be transfered to my Iphone, either directly or from Ipod to computer to Iphone. I'm really looking forward to spending a month in LOS, as it may be my last visit for several years. I'm not looking forward to letting my 18 year old step son stay at my Kansas City house, virtually by himself (my 22 year old daughter's boy friend will also stay there but he doesn't get home from work most nights until 10 PM: my son and his friends can do a lot of damage to the house in a few hours time of partying).

Archived