I Knew I Should Have Stayed Awake In German Class ...

gobbledonk

http://www.audio.de/digital-audio/test/

I can work most of it out, but I know better than to try Google Translate with anything, particularly technical reports. Ironic when the German audio mags seem obsessed with British-made components .... :wink:

I know that (at least) a quarter of the board can read German, so I'll just look at the pretty pictures and laugh at the fact that the Germans felt the need to invent a new word for 'amplifier' - whacky. Maybe the same guys wrote the code for google translate .....

huumlaar, I mostly listen to Rammstein, as I find that it sounds much the same at 78RPM as it does at 33 1/3 :D

RP3-UNION-FLAG.gif

Not sure what it costs to set up a factory in Essex, but Rega is doing something right. I wonder how many British and European audio manufacturers have gone to the wall since the mid-70s ? These guys are still killing it - jolly good show, chaps. :up:

I don't have much of a music collection these days. A few crates of LP's in storage here somewhere. I do still have my Linn LP12 Meridien 206 and Mission Cyrus 1. Turntable needs overhaulin, only has a Linn Basik arm and needs a cartridge. Amp and CD player still worky worky quite nice. Wonder if there's a demand for that sort of thing here, never looked before but should really think about moving it on I guess.

Hah hah, you wish :biggrin:

I recall it has the Valhalla power supply, but it probably needs some upgrades beyond that and it certainly needs a lid. Looking on line I see these are still considered worthy. might need to resurrect it in due course.

A homebrew tube amp, I've got a box of 845's and assorted others, and I might be in business here. Retirement however is still a few years away and it's likely going to take that for me to make a start on such a project.

Archived