Bangkok Traffic

cavanami

The traffic this year has been terrible!!!

WTF....

Ohhhhhh, the Thai gov had those rebates on new car purchases so the highways are

loaded with vehicles sporting the red license plate....

Ohhhhhhhh, now the already congested highways are even more congested...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, more azzhole drivers now on the highways....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, more accidents....

Do they have any sort of working brain in the entire Thai Gov...we know the answer...

...and the rant will continue....

Hi,

Right, that money could have been so much better spend on driver education / awareness or trying to find solutions to the traffic problems. But of course, that doesn't help get more voters, allowing people to buy cheaper cars (which they often can't afford) is a much better idea.

Sanuk!

I'll be back in Jakarta in roughly 12 months time - the prospect fills me with equal measures of anticipation and dread. I just dont see how the same pressures that led to Jakarta's insane population pressures won't turn Bangkok into a facsimile - it's just a question of how long it will take. Some cities are reportedly even worse - Mexico City, Manila, Mumbai - but I have no desire to spend time in those cities. The really sad thing about cities like Bangkok and Jakarta is that the very thing that might lessen inner-city gridlock - a London-style toll on vehicles travelling into that 'zone' - would be a monster to administer and unlikely to engender anything other than opposition from virtually everyone. Both cities also have bottlenecks many kilometres from the CBD - I just dont see things improving as long as people congregate in a small number of population centres. Nakhon Nowhere, anyone ?

A toll zone could be added to areas of Bangkok using the Ez-Pass system that they have on *** some *** of the

toll booths.

I use the Ez-Pass and it can be a time saver, short of the idiot drivers that tend to block the Ez-Pass lanes!

It gets me that just a few Kms out of BKK and they are not using the Ez-Pass...hmmmmm, seems they don't

want to give up that "cash in hand" :dunno:

While Thailand traffic is not the worst in the world, but the Thai gov continues to try to make the traffic worse:

Rama 2, they added two U-turns, to an already congested highway, making for accidents since the azz clowns

didn't bother to add the proper slow down/speed up lanes for those making the U-turns.

After several months of making the new U-turns, they already closed on off as there were too many accidents!

Hi,

Those U-turns are one of the things that always amaze me. Extremely dangerous as those turning do so from one fast lane into another. Sure, they are much cheaper than a overpass U-turn, but shit they just scream 'accident waiting to happen'.

Sanuk!

Archived