One Place I'd Rather Be In May ...

gobbledonk

infinity-pool%20(8)%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Anyone been to the Marina Bay Sands since it opened a year or two back ?

It certainly looks 'the business', but I have to wonder if I would even be able to get up there for all the (other) rubberneckers ! Even if I did shell out for a night in the hotel, I have to imagine that it gets awfully crowded up there ;)

article-1289194-0A28EEFA000005DC-393_964x447.jpg

I'd take that over the Burj Khalifa in Dubai any day of the week. :up:

Been to the top a few times, once for a party, pool view is great, but the view the other side is very nice, it's another part of "new" singapore they have reclaimed from the sea and made into a pretty good garden area, no idae if public or not.

Bah. Bl%#dy eyesore. Not much left of the old Singapore anymore, where I grew up.

While I don't know if the link will work, a lot of the places from the late '50's through the 60's and 70's are like home to me. Trouble is, after more than twenty years of being in Thailand I don't recognise the country I was originally from...

http://timlight.myma...Ages/index.html

Bah. Bl%#dy eyesore. Not much left of the old Singapore anymore, where I grew up.

While I don't know if the link will work, a lot of the places from the late '50's through the 60's and 70's are like home to me. Trouble is, after more than twenty years of being in Thailand I don't recognise the country I was originally from...

http://timlight.myma...Ages/index.html

Based on Stickman's latest rant re Patpong, I suspect that there is still plenty of the 'old Bangkok' left down there for those who know where they are going, but I cant say I'm overly surprised if Singapore has been mostly bulldozed in the mad rush to become a 'first world' city. Geylang seemed kinda old and 'forgotten' when I stayed there for a couple of nights at the end of 2009, but I didnt sense the same 'hey, this is our heritage !' sentiment that is so obvious in a town like Melacca just across the ditch. I guess Baba/Nonya only goes so far - money talks and developers walk :shrug:

Archived