Asiana Crash In San Francisco, 2 Die

Flashermac

How did I get that close to the tarmac?

Nagoya CentrAir Airport, has a 400m spit from the main building just 100m short from the main runway:

t360chubu09.jpg

Volonteers comment on plane movements, airlines, planes:

t360chubu11.jpg

Even a tour on Sega movers is available:

t360chubu12.jpg

No searches, automatic rifles, commandoes, german sheppard dogs.

Plenty of people come recreationally, not travelling or meeting anyone. Dozens of nice restaurants, Japanese village for shops, French village, Itallian square, onsen (hot spring, the only on the planet located at an airport, right there).

My family departed 11am, arrived BKK 2:30pm , home 4pm, 7 hours altogether. I stayed at the airport until 8pm, had lunch, onsen, shopping and dinner there.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swampypoom needs to make Segways available to get around.

Mostly a flop. Supposed to be the greatest invention yet.

Otherwise, though, this same company is making some completely different versions for disabled veterans. Mostly Iraq/Afghanistan veterans who have lost mobility. Viewed some and they are quite impressive for these vets.

If things start to go wrong, the co-pilot MUST take over immediately! That's the way it works on any ship...air ship or a sea going vessel...I have been there when the pilot (captain) screwed and was immediately relieved, no questions, no hesitation!!

(In the actual case I saw, the radar/GPS recorded the event and discipline was administered).

The PIC - also the instructor pilot - and according to him at the controls. The co-pilot was the one with just a few dozen hours in the 777 (which basically means 3 long flights is how I read it).

So in this case, the co-pilot had no real understanding to take over.

That is if it really is proven that the PIC was really at the controls.

This is the same as the Turkish Airline crash at AMS. No one was monitoring the airspeed! They had gotten into the bad habit of assuming the auto-throttles would handle it. Poor training at Asiana and poor SOPs that discourage hand flying.

I can fly almost any plane, I can also do take offs...but landings, this is most critical and

requires the most skill.

Many years ago, when I was first learning to fly and doing landings, our small plane was hit with a

HUGE side wind/down draft as I was doing a landing, my co-pilot (instructor) immediately took over

as there are few mistakes allowed when landing!!!

Archived