Robbed

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main problem I've had with "I'll hide some cash here, and some over here, and ....' is simple : I wake up after an absolute blinder needing to check out and have a panic attack when I cant remember where I've hidden everything. Of course, I could always write a note to myself (in German) and leave *that* in the safe. Brilliant ! ;)

(also a sinking feeling if you hide cash in your dirty socks knowing the disdain Asian people (and most sane Westerners) have for footwear, only to forget all about it when you drop off your laundry. Still beats being relieved of all your cash and (at least) one of your cards tho)

Same problem. This scam would've worked on me - I would've chalked it up to being absent-minded. Funny thing is -- the longer I'm here, how much the folks I know literally BRAG to me about the subtle ways in which they take visitors. It isn't overt. It isn't the ridiculous checkbin at the end of the night where you know you've been scammed. It's much more subtle. You buy 8 drinks, get charged for 9 and they mark one up for the friend. That kind of thing.

Actually impressed that Munch dude picked this up - my initial response was to say - are you sure you weren't drunk and miscalculated?

But I believe him.

Not wading into your folks beef with Mekong, because personally I like you all. Mekong has good taste in music and is intelligent. Needs to re-establish credibility and will be alright.

You guys are a tough crowd, you know that?????

:)

Anyways Munchmeister - hope I didn't talk about myself or disrupt - back to business and you getting fucked in the a$$ by your hotel naa????

As the wise Confucius so eloquently put it: peace out yo.

Not wading into your folks beef with Mekong, because personally I like you all. Mekong has good taste in music and is intelligent. Needs to re-establish credibility and will be alright.

:)

Anyways Munchmeister - hope I didn't talk about myself or disrupt - back to business and you getting fucked in the a$$ by your hotel naa????

As the wise Confucius so eloquently put it: peace out yo.

JaiRai, thanks for the vote of confidence, the check is in the post haha.

As for "Re-Establishing Credibility" I could conversely say that people should take me at face value. OK, I come from a Blue Collar background and have worked my way up through life in Oil & Gas Industry, there are no shrinking violets in my game it really is dog eat dog, but I always speak the truth which sometimes gets me into trouble.

I realise that I may come across as an arrogant prick on more than one occasion but I am not bragging or fabricating stories, even though it may appear to some that I am. I am rather proud in what I have achieved in my life given my humble background and perhaps I do blow my own trumpet a little to much, criticism I will accept.

I have no issue with Munchmaster, many years ago we agreed to disagree on certain facts but he has offered me invaluable advice over the years via Private Messages, he does have the occasional snipe at me now and again but I just ignore it, no point in getting into a pissing contest, it takes two to tango so I just allow him to get it off his chest and have a rant about me and just don't react. In fact I think I offered MM the best advice on this thread, he did not get physically hurt so just right it off as an experience and enjoy the rest of his stay, what happened happened and no amount ot worrying about it will lead to any good.

Same with Gobbie, I have no bones to pick with him and he is also a felllow man of great musical tastes. I have noticed that you have posted a couple of "Warnings Threads" about scams in BKK based on your experiences and they are probably very helpful to casual visitors and first time tourists. I only pick up on Gobbie when he posts things that are not 100% fact and point out the error of his thoughts but he takes it as a personal insult, I have been based in Thailand 22 years now and am still learning on a daily basis yet Gobbie the tourist takes offence if I correct him. He seems to forget all the useful replies I have made to his posts, ie Hi-Fi Shops, where to buy Vinyl, places to catch good live local bands and concentrates on the one or two posts where I disagree with him, I do try to be polite and civil in my replies but he just has a bone on for me. Som nam na.

Talking of music, just seen two amazing gigs in the past 3 weeks. July 26 2013 Niigata Japan, FUJI Rock, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) first gig in 4 years, last three numbers were Hand that Feeds, Head Like a Hole (Is it really 1989 that Pretty Hate Machine was released) then Hurt (I still prefer Reznors version to Cash cover) then on 6 August Stevie Vai at Central World in Bangkok, Zappa's Little Virtuoso. Off to Singapore on Saturday 24 August for Metallica.

The full version of NIN at FUJI is on HD Youtube, I am still watching it every day now.

Keep enjoying your music and being one of the tolerant posters on this forum.

Cheers

Kong

Mekong, I can assure you that I have nothing even vaguely resembling a 'bone on' for you - that, or it means something completely different where you come from. I just cant recall the last time I logged in and you hadn't changed your address / job / wife in the space of 6 or so weeks. You've been in court and/or rehab more often than Charlie Sheen, and all of the threads are still here for those who care to re-visit them - I'd prefer not to.

If you have actually got your life back on track, more power to you, but it's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

You're new here - barring reincarnation - the old threads are all there, and I'll leave you to make your own conclusions. I'm all for people reinventing themselves, but let's see how long the 'new and improved' Mekong lasts, shall we ?

Mr Donk,

It means something different in UK, more like bad feelings towards.

Changing jobs comes with the territory of contracting, short term assignments for a big pay packet, no joke but I have a bag packed with work clothes that I get laundered just before I travel, my lifestyle, not to everyones liking.

Yes I did go through detox on one occasion I became dependent on Alcohol when my ex wife through me out, I am not proud of the fact but I wanted to share it with the board to show that if someone puts their mind to something then an addiction can be overcome. If my tale of detox just encouraged one other BM to take the same step then my postings were not in vain.

As for court, well divorce in Thailand is not that easy especially a Farang v Thai, I had Family Court, Criminal Court and Ratchada Court for personal losses. Yes it was a long winded process but because I overcome my Alcohol dependancy and studied Thai Law as a sober person I won.

Farangs cant win a court case with a Thai, I think I have disproven that fallacy. Once again the reason I posted was to give other BM's who may have been in the same situation some hope.

I do now have my life back on track now thank you, 2 years basically sober, OK i have the odd beer but no spirits and 12 months divorced. It was a roller coaster and at times i felt like giving in but maybe posting on here gave me the strength to go on.

Archived