Homeless Foreigners On The Rise

waerth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you also use tuk tuks haha,

Very rare the 308 sees light of day now, but i do take her down to the annual classic car rally in Hua Hin and get more than a couple of envious glances, nice to be a prick.

As for the 916SP, I only take her out on track days at Bira, no way I would ride a classic Ducati on Thai roads.

I got the 308 in Tax Free, in my name for over 3 years in UK and having Long term visa one is a allowed a single vehicle to import without having to pay import duty. As much as I like the car it is part of my retirement plans, it will get sold once the time and price is right, being a UK Version it is Right Hand Drive so no conversions needed for Thailand.

I have had some big cash offers already but not selling her yet, she is part of my pension plan. Who the fark imports a F 308GTB, RHD to Thailand as part of their pension portfolio, little idiots like me thats who! Ultimate level of trust I have allowed the wife to drive it, I never said i was sane.

My current Road car is an Audi R8, basically a poor mans Lambo it does have the 5.2 V 10 mid engine mounted Lambo engine in it and I drive it most days even in Bangkok, I get stopped most days but since I went through Detox a couple of years ago and am now basically teetotal it does not bother me since I have nothing to worry about, 95% of the time they just want to look at the car and the other 5% I just tell them you don't have 3 stripes so leave me alone, I would like to tell them to get to fuck but even I have mellowed out with age,

My current "Drop Dead" Figure is 15 Million Baht, once my savings / investments approach that figure then bags are packed and I am off earning again.

15 Million may sound pretentious but it's peanuts, would last me 8 years of decent living of index linked expenditure, which at my age would make me destitute by the time I reached 58, I am not prepared for that and want a few more years.

Sorry Kong but I'm rather confused here.

On 1st December 2012 you announced to the board that you were dying of liver cancer and had only 5 years to live (making you about 55 when you popped your clogs) but your above post suggests that you expect to be living a lot longer than that?! :dunno::confused:

I quote you here (1st December 2012),

"I have liver cancer with Maximum of 5 years of iive, I would prefer to see out my final years close to my family members than being half away around the world from them. Sad but true but I am dying and as such I would prefer to do it closer to my family . My decision but I would prefer to go out with dignity."

And on 2nd December 2012,

"I have come to accept the fact that I only have a few years left and as such I intended to make the most of them, I have probably done more in 48 years of my life than most would have done in 480 years. I just want to go and chill out in a village in the Peak District . I realise that there are certain areas of Scotland that you like so much, I also have the same feelings for areas of England being close to my family."

Have you had a miraculous recovery from your liver cancer which you forgot to tell us about or was the original post about your demise yet more bullshit from you?? Please advise because I'm sure I'm not the only BM confused by this.

Mr M Master Sir,

Your observations are accepted, what I stated at the time was my expected lifespan given my then lifestyle. I should have been more specific, it was based on current lifestyle.

Fortunately, for me at least I have changed my lifestyle, whilst not being teetotal I drink a mere fraction of what I used to, I no longer take unprescribed narcotics as I used to, in plain English I was an Alcoholic Junkie on the fast track to an early grave which was when I was given the 5 year window of life.

Yes, I do still have liver cancer but since I have changed my lifestyle as in reducing Alcohol no more narcotics and basically eating a healthy diet my consultant put me on a course of Anti-Virals which are working, whilst my condition is not get any better it is also not getting any worse. Fark, on many occasions I just want to go out and get plastered but I also want to live as a long as possible so I resist the temptation.

Thank you for your concern, I thought you could not give a shit about me but obviously I was mistaken (sic!)

When i made the comments which you have taken time to find and quote that was my situation at the time, when a consultant tells you change your life or you will be dead in 5 years it does put the shits up you, so maybe that is why I made melodramatic statements, I could not see myself changing my life, but i did.

I was given a simple choice, change lifestyle or be in box within 5 years, i chose to change my life and live, wouldn't we all given the same choice?

Chose Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K-V8ZWyNMs

It has been a hard battle cutting down from an 8 Ball of Coke per week and a bottle of vodka a day to no spirits at all, going to a bar and mixing drinks from a pint of tiger to a lime soda, not smoking weed for over 2 years now. Every morning facing oneself in the bathroom mirror and admitting to oneself "You are an Alcoholic Junkie but get through today" but every day it gets easier.

I don't mind you questioning me since it also makes me question myself, the more people such as yourself ask questions of me the more determining it makes me, quite funny the more that you try to belittle me the stronger it makes me

In all honesty I don't think you give a shit about me, not that you have any reason to, but maybe if one was to show your true self as a 50 Something professional with many years of global experience rather than try to come across as a 25 year old scaly from an inner city tenement block I may would be civil in return.

For the record as if you care, my cancer is not benign but I do need to look after myself, my problem not yours.

Regards

Kong

Mekong, I've agreed not to engage in open warfare with you, but perhaps a voluntary absence from the board for a month or so might help us all clear our heads ? I'm prepared to commit to whatever period you are prepared to commit to - gentleman's agreement and all that.

Over to you.

Mr Donk,

Thanks for abiding by our gentlemen's agreement, but I will not stand back and allow character assassination , MM has been on my case for years now and seems to pick up on every little thing I post.

My reply to him was both honest and respectful, when I posted a couple of years ago that I had 5 years that is what I was told, as I said I should have been more specific and stated 5 years unless you turn your life around but when making a post less than 3 hours after hearing that news one tends to overlook the semantics of the overall fact. I chose to turn my life around.

I politely decline your offer to take a break from the board, I said nothing to offend you yet you seem to be hanging onto MM's shirt tails and taking every opportunity available to have a dig. I will not be driven off this forum by yourself, MM or anyone else who gets offended by me shooting from the hip and telling it as it is.

If you find my postings so offensive there is the option to "IGNORE" as mentioned I have no bone to pick with you and find the majority of your posts rather entertaining but if I piss you off that much then just place me on ignore, it only takes a couple of mouse clicks.

Regards

Kong

BTW where I said $75 it should read $75k

Is it that high? Or is it a private pension fund that depends what had been put into it during your working years?

Australian pension (Govt pension for an aged person) is about 1,100$ a month with many strings attached. Could be 800-1,200$, the higher if an aged couple is living in their joint home and are over 66 years old.

You lose it (not entitled) if you have more than 220K$ in the bank and only the home living in is accepted, nothing more.

Archived