Ariel Castro Found Hanging In His Cell

gobbledonk

He said, when arrested, the girls were in my custody because they were stupid to accept a car ride with a stranger.

Stupid - yes, but did they deserve what had happened to them?

He should have ben released - to the general prison population. Doubt he would have to kill himself, it would have been done earlier than that. Even roughs and toughs hate the skunks like him.

Wish and hope he burns in hell.

serious risk of suicide and no video monitoring?

I hope his guards don't take any heat over this fortunate event.

This morning's story is that prison officials 'dont understand how this could have happened'. I guess if it was a relative incarcerated for car theft or somesuch I might consider that a pathetic copout, but in this case I don't have a problem. Those women will be scarred for life, and I can only imagine how hard it must be just to leave the house and walk down the street, particularly now that their faces have been plastered all over the media. They can relocate mafia snitches - regardless of their crimes - to a life of anonymity but the women in this case got a 'life sentence' through not fault of their own.

Most of us live in a country of laws.

This man was tried by his peers and sentenced.

Society has an obligation to make sure that his sentence is fulfilled.

The prison director and others should be reprimanded/dismissed for allowing this death to occur.

I read/hear by both right and left groups that all life is precious. Some states and the federal government allow the death sentence for some crimes. This person did not get a death sentence.

It is the obligation of those in charge of all prisoners to make sure such things do not occur. This death reflects on the management and staff of this prison and those should be held accountable.

No one should applaud the failure of any prison system.

Archived