New Arrival Tax

BelgianBoy

Comes as no real surprise after seeing that '22 million tourists in 12 months' figure posted here a couple of months back. A little ironic in a country where so many seem to dwell in the 'cash economy' and I'm not just talking about working girls. Who chases the thousands upon thousands of stall holders all over Thailand to pay their tax ? Tourists, by contrast, are a much easier target, particularly when many come from countries where they are used to being slugged over 20% VAT. 700 baht is still a pittance to me, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, but it would be great to think that the money might actually be pumped back into infrastructure. I know - saying it wont make it so :(

I you make under 100,000 Baht/year your tax is 0%.

That's a little over 8,000 Baht/month...how much can a person make at this little stands? can't be all that much :dunno:

Cav you would be surprised how much they can make.

Even at 50 THB profit per sale, at one sale every 10 minutes 5 hours per day for 5 days a week brings in 35,000 THB / Month.

In Silom street vendors are licenced, have to get a permit from Bang Rak city hall but when they have the licence the BiB cannot shake them down for tea money.

I would say majority of them are making 50K per month minimum, typical Thai style as soon as they earn enough to pay the bills and put food on the table they shut up stall.

Archived