Sunday 22-12-2013 Tidbits

waerth

From playing comedy there and traveling in a mini van I know first hand that many of the main roads in the south are in a bad state with many potholes etc. This while every minor road in Isaan seems to have a nice asphalt covering.

This while the many is made in the South and that is where the taxes are being paid.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be driving up to Khon Kaen over the holidays and will see how the roads are in Isaan.

In the past, there have been some great roads and then terrible roads, really iffy. If I can move

along at 120 KPH, then that is great. At times, one cannot go over 80 or you risk flying off the road

and destroying your vehicle with the many pot holes!

The truck traffic kills the roads, along with the poor quality of materials and the poor workmanship.

The minor roads in Isaan...depending on how minor you mean as there are still a lot of dirt and gravel

roads in Isaan.

Follow his speeches on twitter.

Basically in short he wants to tighten up the rules on corruption. Stronger punishments. Stricter checks on candidates, stricter measures on family members running, vote buying etc. He admits that he himself would not be able to run under the rules and is at peace with that.

After this he is all in favour of a one man one vote election. No one should be afraid of that.

He has just seen the light after being corrupt himself for such a long time. It is refreshing actually. It is Pheua Thai and ms Yingluck that do not want this .... guess why :p

Well Cav, that is one thing you and I differ on. After this is over NO government here can be as blatantly corrupt as the current one. People are very clearly tired of it. So even if Yingluck does come back into power they will have to tone things down heavily.

SE Asia has progressed a bunch, in the fight against corruption.

China still lags, Malaysia has greatly improved, Indonesia? not sure.

We always say, in the USA, the new people get into office and fill their pockets, thus my sarcastic comment.

I would love to see corruption reduced in Thailand, but...while the police are still underpaid, while the gov officials

that control the tenders are looking to fill their pockets...etc.

I have seen the "tea money" under the table in order to get gov and private biz projects...not 100 Baht...I'm

talking in the millions of Baht!!!

Remember, they had a lady in the gov to investigate the corruption and she did too good of a job! they sacked her real quick!!

Let's hope it is better this time around, no matter how this plays out...

Archived