Sunday 22-12-2013 Tidbits

waerth

Mr. Sweaty Bear â€@sweatyinbkk 22m

"@CoconutsBangkok: Top view of Victory Monument via @Yui_Project, Preedee Turnmedix pic.twitter.com/4fINK3EBBI" wow! That's a lot!

Coconuts Bangkok â€@CoconutsBangkok 56m

5.18PM Cash, mostly 1000THB banknotes, handed to Suthep along way that he walked. MT @Juarawee @nikhon_ #ThaiUprising pic.twitter.com/eMEcPtEf5A

Coconuts Bangkok â€@CoconutsBangkok 27m

Ladyboys've joined as well via @amanfromsky #thaiuprising pic.twitter.com/dSZy33f6Hj\

veena T. â€@veen_NT 1m

5pm Drone @nationphoto from Victory Monument pic.twitter.com/XWF3YpOLcL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suthep: Clear message from people for Yingluck to step down

Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary-general of the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), said on Ratchaprasong rally stage that he was very glad to see so many people join simultaneous mass rallies Sunday.

He said the massive number of protesters showed that everyone wants political reform to take place before the next election, and the people want caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to resign.

"If Yingluck and the caretaker cabinet will not resign, people will join the protests again and again to force them from their posts. We are ready to block (roads) for seven to ten days," he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-Clear-message-from-people-for-Yingluck-to-s-30222709.html

Suthep vows to besiege candidacy registration venue

Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), said on Rajdamnoen rally stage that protesters would move to rally at the Thai-Japanese Stadium Sunday night ahead of party-list candidate registration there.

"If someone hopes to apply as MP candidate, he or she must pass our rally. We will block it [the stadium] for half a day but we will block everywhere on the February 2 election day," he announced at 06.50pm.

Suthep said that the government and the Election Commission would defy the people by going ahead with the election holding. :elf:

"Today we shut down Bangkok for half a day. If Yingluck does not resign, it will be a full day or seven-day shutdown next times," Suthep said.

He called for government officers to fight alongside with people, warning that the people would rise up to stage a people's revolution if the officials ignore the people's wish.

After he finished the speech, Suthep prostrated himself before the protesters. :worship:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-vows-to-besiege-candidacy-registration-venu-30222717.html

I am sure of this as well. Suthep has big enough numbers to keep these up for a long time. And every time more and more people come out. The numbers are rising with every protest. Also the numbers seem to be sufficient to scare Yingluck. As every time she gives in a little bit.

you are strongly raising your voice in favour of a Thai political comedian although you basically have nothing to do with this country

This gives me the opportunity to finally react to that one as you do not practice what you preach.

Dear Bubi,

You are telling me I cannot say anything about a country that I have lived in for 15 years.

A country I work in, life in, that my many many Thai friends (both red and yellow) life in.

You are telling me I cannot say a thing about the situation here while I have lived in this place virtually longer than any other country on this earth. So if I cannot react as to the situation in Thailand, what country do I have a say about? I lived in the Netherlands for 9 years (I do not count the first 12 years of my life as I can barely remember a thing from that time) you want me to have a say about the Netherlands? I lived in Suriname for 4,5 years?

Or should I talk about ze Germans? Or criticise the British or American system.

YOU have nothing to do with the US .... yet you criticize them and feel you are entitled to say things.

So who are YOU to tell ME that I cannot raise my voice about the situation in the place that I call my HOME (although I might have to move out if civil war breaks out). The audacity of you telling me that was to much as to react immediately when you posted it. I was flabbergasted to be honest.

I have nothing to do with this country according to you???????? Yet I have lived here for 15 years. Shaken hands with Chuan Leekpai, Thaksin Shinawatra, Sonthi (that general that did the coup always forget his full name), Samak, Somchai Wongsawat, Abhisit and Yingluck. I have met all of them in person playing comedy myself. I have also met Suthep and know he hates foreigners (he refused to acknowledge me while greeting the other groupmembers) I have met many ministers, generals and royalty. And I have met 1000's and 1000's of Thais from people living in orphanages, squatters on a garbage belt through people from every part of this society. And I am able to communicate with all of this people in their own language. I am far from an expert on Thailand, nobody is, because the longer you stay here, the more you realize that almost every moobaan in this country seems to have a different culture. Yet you are telling me I have nothing to do with this country????

But you yourself whom is merely passing by through Thailand, you feel yourself free to comment on the Thai news. Yet you will not hear me tell you that you have no right to saying anything or comment.

Please BuBi .... if I have nothing to do with Thailand ..... then what country on earth DO I have something to do with????

Also if you are "disappointed" with me. You were in Thailand. Why don't you call and talk.

Hi Mekong,

I actually met with BuBi a few times personally and he is a soft and well mannered gentleman. He also stated his gf does not support Thakky.

I do have a feeling what is eating at BuBi. And I feel it is something personal. But if that is correct, he has my email, my phone number and there is internal messaging.

I do not mind his opinion about the situation in Thailand. Everybody has the right to make up their own minds. But I do resent being told that I have nothing to do with Thailand. Even my 2 best Thai friends, firmly entrenched in the Shinawatra camp have never told me I cannot have an opinion. Au contraire, they love discussing with me. As with me they can talk freely.

Archived