these girls are quite rich!!

Jeff,

LOL ! I take your point, although Magic Johnson can afford all the care he requires to cope with HIV for the remainder of his life. Despite some of the speculation on this board, I dont know that ANY of the bargirls earn quite as much money as a professional athlete in the US (even our 'also-ran' golfers here in Oz earn enough to avoid a 'real' job for the rest of their lives).

Drink, drugs, gambling and promiscuity are all dangers for those of us with too much time and money - again, we only have to go stateside to see plenty of examples. I can see what the bargirls are trying to compensate for - what excuse do the athletes, musicians etc have ? The stress of being Nr 1 ? Give me a break .....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

artiew,

"I dont know that ANY of the bargirls earn quite as much money as a professional athlete in the US "

Few people anywhere earn as much as a professional athlete in the US. But lets keep things relative to where they exist. A pro athlete in the US has to earn enough in 5 - 10 years to live in the US for a lifetime. A bargirl in Thailand only has to earn enough in 5 - 10 years to live in Thailand for a lifetime.

"I can see what the bargirls are trying to compensate for - what excuse do the athletes, musicians etc have ? The stress of being Nr 1 ?"

Actually, I don't think the comparison is all that bad. I quess a lot of western entertainers (using the word in the broadest sense) come from the middle classes. But then the western world has a large middle class and a relatively small lower class. But a lot of entertainers, particularly atheletes, do come from the lower classes. For many inner city kids, dreams of becoming a pro athlete, or musician, are the only way out of the ghetto that they can see, even though they know that the odds are against them. And professional entertainers from all classes have gotten themselves into trouble because they couldn't handle the sudden money, fame, and the lifestyle that it brought.

Relative to their situation in Thai society, bargirls aren't much different. They're young, suddenly rich and popular, and have the resources to do whatever they want, everything they ever dreamed of, and many of them can't handle it. Considering how much lower down the ladder they are compared to their western 'counterparts', many of whom also can't handle it, this should not be surprising.

Regards, JEff

• 1 month later...

If a girls sensible, doesnt drink too much or smoke( cigarettes) and avoids YABA she should be OK. A lot of sex has never aged anyone.

-------------------------

And still, they do seem to get older without aging. Not older with wisdom, mind you, just a bit marked by life. But you can hardly see it, why worry?

(late reply, wandering away from the daily postings)

Looks like you've even less to do than I have, pattaya!

Even these top-earning 'stunners' that guys are talking about soon fall down to earth. Their time in the sun usually doesn't last longer than a year. I've seen a few come back to the bar years later, in a worse position - down with the rest of them, scrabbling for customers.

Khun Sanuk - what about all these 'simian' references? I thought we'd got rid of LuisBkk! It's not true to say that Thai men wouldn't even spit on any of these girls. My girl gets her fair share of attention from them, for example.

well, it all comes down to what 's fun to do after work. I enjoy staying home, put some music on and get on the board. When it is slow, i like to fish out from "archives" and see if there is still life on a dead horse....

yearly visitors to Pattaya can see the difference in some girls. Even 6 months in a young one, will show a change usually tiredness shows. Some hold up pretty well...

Mystery Man...

You could pay me $50000 a month, and I still wouldn't go home and lie under some of the fat, ugly schmucks I see walking out of Nana/Cowboy at the end of the night. Yuk. Forget the money for a minute - think of the emotional consequences and psychological nightmares these girls must go through.

Archived