Education Makes You Self-Opinionated

Education gives you the ability to question everything, allowing you to form your own personal point of view and judgement. Which is obviously a good thing, but a downside is it also gives an inordinately high regard for oneself and one's own obstinately insistent opinions over others.

Most educated people I know will change their opinion at the drop of a hat, provided that there is reasonable cause to do so. Idiots on the other hand swear the earth is flat, that there is a god and that global warming is man made.

I thought that Thais were taught in school not to ask questions and to learn by memorization. If that isn't true, I spent a lot of money for nothing, bringing my 3 Thai step children to the U.S. (And for more economic opportunities).

I thought that Thais were taught in school not to ask questions and to learn by memorization. If that isn't true, I spent a lot of money for nothing, bringing my 3 Thai step children to the U.S. (And for more economic opportunities).

In the average Thai school, that is still true. It is changing, but I have even encountered the attitude in universities. :(