Islamic Terrorists Take Hostages In Sydney's Cbd

bust

Latest news is that the hostage taker has a long rap sheet. He finally got pissed off by so many people escaping. He told them that from then on for each one who escaped, he would kill one hostage. After 17 hours, the perp appeared to doze off. That's when the manager tried to take the shotgun from him. They struggled and the manager got shot. The women lawyer was killed trying to protect her pregnant friend from being shot. She got the blast instead.

The "I'll ride with you" idea is great. I wonder if we'd see if for non-Muslims in the gunman's own country?

Clearly a lunatic, who should have been detained given the vast number of charges against him - murder, sexual assault, whatever charge the hate letters gets... (The PM looks like an advertisement for the Hitler Youth, I might mention.) You can blame immigration policy, Islam, ISIS, mental illness, whatever, but by any measure this is a total and utter failure of the Australian law enforcement authorities to do their job. You cannot say they do not have the tools at their disposal to keep a guy like this detained - murder, 40 counts of sexual assault against 7 women - they can bitch and moan, but they fucked up.

• Like 1

One of the problems with being an open Western Society, is that we allow all sorts of people to be free on the basis of a Judicial system.

T'were me I'd shoot most of the people I deemed unworthy of the benefits of society, but then I'd be denying their rights and I'd be a fascist dictator.

• Like 3

Interesting information in this article:

Including

- he had recently turned towards a radical branch of Sunni Islam, having rejected his adherence to Shia Islam. (Swapped Sides?)

- Sydney-based Shi'ite cleric Kamal Mousselmani urged federal agents to launch an investigation into Monis. (Muslims think he was a nutter)

In related news, it seems these nutters exist in NZ also, see article.

The guys in NZ should be cautious, there's a curious vein of National Loyalty in NZ Gang culture, the Yakuza and the Triads have never been able to gain a foothold, though they've tried. The locals like things as they are, and have been known to 'sort out' people who could increase the police presence or powers.