Nick Nostitz -- A Farewell Retrospective

Flashermac

http://www.yanawa.bl...rospective.html

p.s. Most definitely. I used to supplement by salary by freelance writing. Hard to get paid for anything these days.

"Generally it is getting more and more difficult to make a living as a freelance photographer and journalist even when you are not getting threatened or worse - like Nick had to experience in 2013/14.

"Nowadays many newspapers, magazines and TV-stations are getting their footage from the internet, twitter, Picasa, Youtube, etc. There they get it for free! Many TV-stations ask their viewers to send them images or videos and as payment they offer them to mention the name of the author. What they often forget to mention: People who offer their footage to the media for free will also loose their copyright, and when the media companies are selling the images/videos they will keep all the money and the author won't receive a single cent."

<<A long time ago, on this board, in numerous posts, he accused me of involvement in the underaged, enforced and trafficked, sex industry, because of my trip reports that talked about adult P4P in Cambodia. No-one, according to him, could pay an adult woman for sex in Cambodia, without actually being up to the eyeballs in underaged, enforced and trafficked children for sex.>>

Fair enough, I can see Nick saying that, your reply is reasonable :) given I know you as well as I know Nick

He does have good friends on both sides of the fence the problem is the nut jobs in yellow robes who hate him.

<<A long time ago, on this board, in numerous posts, he accused me of involvement in the underaged, enforced and trafficked, sex industry, because of my trip reports that talked about adult P4P in Cambodia. No-one, according to him, could pay an adult woman for sex in Cambodia, without actually being up to the eyeballs in underaged, enforced and trafficked children for sex.>>

Fair enough, I can see Nick saying that, your reply is reasonable :) given I know you as well as I know Nick

He does have good friends on both sides of the fence the problem is the nut jobs in yellow robes who hate him.

I'm sure he's lovely, and if he were talking about the Cambo sex industry in the abstract, I wouldn't have had a problem, the issue I had, was that he accused me.

• Like 1